Pioneer DDJ-S1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pioneer DDJ-S1

Tech Guru

Default Pioneer DDJ-S1

Because I ♥ Serato Itch

Last edited by xtianw; 01-11-2011 at 12:30 AM.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Guru

that thing looks sweet, im diggin the layout big time

BUT

Aside from a great layout and workflow - what does it have thats innovative? Im wondering what Itch 2.0 that will make this a special unit. Out of the recent leaks of controllers I still think the S4 is the most feature packed. I was hoping for a little more, but I guess we'll see by the end of the week.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Guru

looking at it. it really does just look like a standard itch controller.

top right, mic2/aux eq. on the left, mic eq

so basically it mirrors a vci-300 with vfx-1

but i still think its cool.

im expecting more add-on devices this year. i hope they add one for SSL's sample player to bring it into itch alongside the bridge.

honestly thats all they really need to do to have the same featureset at the s4. taking the bridge into account it would go a step further. modularlly anyway.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Guru

I think the few things it has that are Pioneer and CDJ functions look great. I just don't see the same innovation that the S4 had when it was first released. I'm still not sold on the Bridge....you need ableton, you need another controller, etc. I'm a huge fan of Itch so I'm wondering why Pioneer felt that this controller needed two inputs on the main face of the this controller. Itch 2.0 has been under development for quite some time and this controller has also been rumored for some time so I'm very curious to see what the vision is for this product. It looks sweet as far as hardware goes. We'll see soon!!

We need bigger pictures too!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    I think the few things it has that are Pioneer and CDJ functions look great. I just don't see the same innovation that the S4 had when it was first released. I'm still not sold on the Bridge....you need ableton, you need another controller, etc. I'm a huge fan of Itch so I'm wondering why Pioneer felt that this controller needed two inputs on the main face of the this controller. Itch 2.0 has been under development for quite some time and this controller has also been rumored for some time so I'm very curious to see what the vision is for this product. It looks sweet as far as hardware goes. We'll see soon!!

We need bigger pictures too!
    to be fair, you dont need a controller. you can click on clips inside ableton. that would work just fine. a controller is nice and better. no argument there. but to get going you dont need it.

yes you have to buy ableton. but.... itch is free with your hardware and both of them together are without question more powerful than the s4 software. especially if they add ssl's sample players and then tie them back into communication with ableton.

i cant wait as a vci-300 owner. id kill to be in the beta right now. my ipad is literally "itching" to work with my vci

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    id kill to be in the beta right now.
    I here ya man. I have an NS7, just sold my VCI and also have an S4. I'd love to test out the new features and compare them agains the S4. I'm keeping an eye on this controller.

Tech Guru

I think big thing are coming to itch. Here's why....

Pioneer is going ahead with an itch controller and vestax just released the VCI-300 mkII in November.

both of these companies have insider info on what both NI and Serato are up to.

they wouldn't have gone ahead with these controllers if they didn't think they couldnt be completely relevent with the s4 in the marketplace.

I think this is big, as I like my VCI-300 but compared to my long gone Pioneer setup it just doesn't feel/sound as good. After trying the whole 4-deck EFX spectacular of Traktor all I wanted was a good quality 2-channel controller...

... and it looks like this could be it!

All depends on pricepoint though
    MacBook, Vestax VCI-300 with Serato Itch
    www.djlantau.com | www.youtube.com/djlantau | www.soundcloud.com/djlantau

Official info at Pioneer USA:

Pioneer DDJ-S1
    http://www.pioneerdjusa.com/gear.asp...ct=DDJ-S1&cp=3
    http://www.decks.co.uk/products/pioneer/DDJS1
    £1,099.00

Xone DX money seems a bit steep...
    MacBook, Vestax VCI-300 with Serato Itch
    www.djlantau.com | www.youtube.com/djlantau | www.soundcloud.com/djlantau

Tech Guru

ouch, thats 1700 usd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast