need help, should i buy old Traktor Scratch Pro or wait for new product
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default need help, should i buy old Traktor Scratch Pro or wait for new product

need help, should i buy Traktor SP or to wait for new product

i have found the last piece of Traktor Scratch Pro for a half price and managed to reserve it... now it is time to make a descission

SO i wondering if should buy it or wait for new models

why i want to buy OLD discounted model
    - i am sure new models will not beat the price of 300 euros for a 8 channel Pro version
    - i think it will possible to sell TSPro for around 300 euros in few monthes or year, it is a good piece of hardware / sofware

why i want to wait
    - i afraid that new version of software will not be compatible with old hardware
    - i hope that recording quality will be better (not 16 bit as in the moment)
    - i hope that TA5 model will provide record function not like Audio4J
    - new software will be probably better

what can you recommend me?
    can somebody provide advise

You should definitely WAIT. The new software looks pretty fookin' sweet. I'm sure you'll regret buying the knock-down version when you see what the new software is like...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    You should definitely WAIT. The new software looks pretty fookin' sweet. I'm sure you'll regret buying the knock-down version when you see what the new software is like...
    what exactely all people are waiting
    - waveforms
    - samle deck
    and some secrets?

Personally I would go for it as the Audio 8 will be supported on the new software, if you ever go for an upgrade

Tech Convert

I am not sure what to do, but happy to have différent points of view!

Thé question is Will thé new audio5 interface be better quality/functionality that todays audio8?

Thé price for interfaces? I think they Will make it around 300/600 for audio5/10.

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Wasn't it Audio 6, not Audio 5?

If you don't have any super-important gigs soon, you should just wait for the new packages, because you'll have the choice whether to buy the old ones or new ones.
    You can probably pick up a used A2,4,8 for cheap if someone upgrades to the new ones.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

waity for the new product
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

You will not be able to sell it. You can't sell it now except to idiots, which is what you are if you purchase it.

They're releasing new hardware. Based on all of their past behavior, that means that the old hardware will NOT be supported, even without using the new capabilities. They did it with the FS1 hardware, the FS1.5 hardware, the Stanton Scratch Amp, the thing in between, and now they're going to do it with the audio 4 and audio 8 dj.

They're worthless as of the day the new ones were leaked. If you don't believe me, I've got a Stanton Scratch Amp in mint condition that I'll sell you for half off the original price.

I'm sorry I'm so adamant about this idea, but if you want to use TSP as it is now it's not a horrible price. You will NEVER be able to upgrade until you buy new hardware and that's just how it is.

If you just need an audio interface…wait a few weeks and you'll be able to get Audio 4 DJs for $75…or buy something that isn't going to plummet in value based on the whims of a corporation that makes a few good products but doesn't care about its customers.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    You will not be able to sell it. You can't sell it now except to idiots, which is what you are if you purchase it.

They're releasing new hardware. Based on all of their past behavior, that means that the old hardware will NOT be supported, even without using the new capabilities. They did it with the FS1 hardware, the FS1.5 hardware, the Stanton Scratch Amp, the thing in between, and now they're going to do it with the audio 4 and audio 8 dj.

They're worthless as of the day the new ones were leaked. If you don't believe me, I've got a Stanton Scratch Amp in mint condition that I'll sell you for half off the original price.

I'm sorry I'm so adamant about this idea, but if you want to use TSP as it is now it's not a horrible price. You will NEVER be able to upgrade until you buy new hardware and that's just how it is.

If you just need an audio interface…wait a few weeks and you'll be able to get Audio 4 DJs for $75…or buy something that isn't going to plummet in value based on the whims of a corporation that makes a few good products but doesn't care about its customers.
    I've it stated several times the old hardware will be supported, just check through the thread about the promo.

Tech Wizard

wait!!!!

it may be bore expensive to buy the new set up, but you'll be set for the next few years, and through a free upgrade or two.

wasn't there a free traktor pro upgrade sometime back that added 4 effects, or am i mistaken.

VERY good to hear that my audio 4 will be supported.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast