DDJ-T1 1300 bucks?
    Tech Mentor

Default DDJ-T1 1300 bucks?

Freakin bullcrap.

Ur thoughts?
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.

Tech Guru

i thought it was going to be 1599. but hell, 1299 for pioneer quality?

that actually sounds pretty fair imo
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    i thought it was going to be 1599. but hell, 1299 for pioneer quality?

that actually sounds pretty fair imo
    Haha pioneer quality.
    Equipment------

there is all ready like 5 threads on this

Tech Mentor

Where?
    Equipment------

I'm mixed about this. Wanting the SSL system out of it, I'm still iffy about the S1. And the much increased price over the T1 when it's still JUST designed for ITCH, and only two decks at that.

I guess I was just expecting it to be like two CDJ's and a mixer, just without the CD functionality, but still the "native mode" support. I really do think this will be a step up for many DJ's who want more of a "club style" setup, but want to have the ease of a controller at home (and without that club equipment price-tag).

But at this price, it's still a better deal to buy two CDJ-400's and a mixer. And only a bit higher to get two CDJ-350's and a mixer. And they can do (pretty much) everything this setup can do, but also modular, more tested, and can handle additional media, and don't require use of a laptop.

I'm unhappy with the limitations of the S1 unit (was hoping for a true SSL controller). The T1 unit looks nice, and think it really will take off in comparison of the S1 unit because of the price tag. The cost though, it makes plain CDJ's still in a close ballpark, and that's where it's going to be tough to draw the line.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post
    I'm mixed about this. Wanting the SSL system out of it, I'm still iffy about the S1. And the much increased price over the T1 when it's still JUST designed for ITCH, and only two decks at that.

I guess I was just expecting it to be like two CDJ's and a mixer, just without the CD functionality, but still the "native mode" support. I really do think this will be a step up for many DJ's who want more of a "club style" setup, but want to have the ease of a controller at home (and without that club equipment price-tag).

But at this price, it's still a better deal to buy two CDJ-400's and a mixer. And only a bit higher to get two CDJ-350's and a mixer. And they can do (pretty much) everything this setup can do, but also modular, more tested, and can handle additional media, and don't require use of a laptop.

I'm unhappy with the limitations of the S1 unit (was hoping for a true SSL controller). The T1 unit looks nice, and think it really will take off in comparison of the S1 unit because of the price tag. The cost though, it makes plain CDJ's still in a close ballpark, and that's where it's going to be tough to draw the line.
    But i wanna know why they are charging so much more. Like whats it got over the s4? besides the pioneer name?
    Equipment------

Tech Mentor

It's own version of traktor that won't be compatible with the new T pro upgrade. This thing is not worth it.

the traktor one is already outdated pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by BennyJ View Post
    Where?
    Here: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23027
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --