Numark NS6 4 deck Serato Itch controller - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post

I think it's nice. It seems to share a similar feature set to the S1, and really, they are very similar controllers. And at a lower respective price point as well. I don't see the transition from or to pioneer CDJ's as easily with this, and I think pioneer's hold on that market will still keep the S1 as a real "professional" setup compared to the Numark. Not knocking it, but just calling it how I see it.
    CDJs are on their last legs and so is Pioneer. as far as I can tell the S1 is an ill-fated attempt at trying to buy Pioneer a couple more years as a market leader now that they've realized just how much their days are numbered because of the boom in controller djing.

CDJs and the Pioneer brand can't rest on the laurels of being the "professional" choice forever, especially not when big name DJs to bedroom DJs are realizing the future lies in laptop & midi djing. it's only a matter of time before the future of djing becomes the present and CDJs will be a thing of the past and only the worst clubs will still have them installed.
    Last edited by wrong chris; 01-12-2011 at 10:20 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    CDJs are on their last legs and so is Pioneer. as far as I can tell the S1 is an ill-fated attempt at trying to buy Pioneer a couple more years as a market leader now that they've realized just how much their days are numbered.

CDJs and the Pioneer brand can't rest on the laurels of being the "professional" choice forever, especially not when big name DJs to bedroom DJs are realizing the future lies in laptop & midi djing.
    Bingo! Numark were bang on with the NS7 and now the NS6 is looking like a winner among most! Vestex is another company on top of the controller game.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    numark said this unit is also completely midi assignable. its win, baked in bacon, wrapped in fucking unicorns. lol

but the question is, will certain features be available for traktor?
    i'm sure you know how serato is lol

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Archies'bald View Post
    This has turned my head just because it offers Itch with it and it says it's midi assignable. As a Traktor user I'm always curious about Itch, wondering what the difference is between the two. This could be a way of finding out.
    itch NEEDS a controller to work
    and it has quite a few layout differences and what not.
    its a great program but i prefer traktor
    traktor is much more mobile

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisEPIC View Post
    traktor is much more mobile
    how is a piece of software any more or less mobile? my vci-300 and vfx-1 fits in the same sized backpack a vci-100 will.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Mentor

how is a piece of software any more or less mobile? my vci-300 and vfx-1 fits in the same sized backpack a vci-100 will.
    i'm talking about the actual controllers that the company has put forth.
    besides the s4 all of NI's equipment is much lighter and easier to bring from gig to gig

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisEPIC View Post
    i'm talking about the actual controllers that the company has put forth.
    besides the s4 all of NI's equipment is much lighter and easier to bring from gig to gig
    all my gear fits in 1 backpack. i still dont see how anything from NI is any more or less portable than what I'm playing out with now. my vci, my vfx, laptop, usb cables, rca cables. thing is my traktor/hercules/korg setup fits in the same backpack.

neither is more or less portable than the other. The S4 wont fit in a standard backpack, neither will one of these new controllers. so if anything, the s4 is just as portable as the new stuff. especially considering how light the S4 is, youd be crazy to not play out in the flight case that was designed for it.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Guru

I think the term is much more flexible.

With Traktor S4 I can:

- Play out on the S4
    - Take an X1 and soundcard and plug into a house mixer
    - Take an X1 and soundcard and plug into speakers for small parties
    - Once timecode is available I can do that as well
    - Traktor also provides HID support for certain CDJ's

So with ONE software I have all these options. One X1 and soundcard is more mobile, but the thing I truly enjoy most about traktor over Itch is how flexible it is.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Student

made out of metal?
    booth out

win imo...

wOW numark rapes the controller market again...

Numark almost created the perfect thing here...
    If only it had vu-meters and filters per chanel... (like their X7 mixer)
    then it would have been the best controller.

Having it as a standalone 4 channel mixer is great. I think it's really the perfect set-up for mobile DJs.

It's also nice to see jog wheels with visual feedback (illuminated wheels, like on the DDJ-S1).

Looks to me like the biggest competition for the S4. However I think this thing is pretty heavy and big... anyone has the specs on that ?

But it really kicks Pioneer in the balls : 400 €*cheaper, 4 channels, standalone mixer, works with traktor...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast