Numark Ns6 & New Torq with rewire..huh!
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Default Numark Ns6 & New Torq with rewire..huh!

Suprised the new Numark NS6 hasnt been mentioned AKA "kick Pioneer in the nuts" controller

Torq looks like its worth revisiting now that its not locked into hardware, 4 decks and what looks like a bundle of pretty nifty features!

Thoughts anyone ?

Read up on this last night after playing around with the SSL 2.2 update.

I'm not too sure how I feel about this though. Numark has been just flooding the market with some good controllers (Mixtrack/Mixtrack Pro). The platters have always been a great addition to the NS7. Looks to be another one that can fit in the Mid-to-Upper range of controllers they've got.

I just wish those darn cue point buttons were a bigger, that's what hold me off from actually looking to get one. . .but there's too much gear that's being announed at this year's NAMM (Djing, Studio,DAW's) that's going to keep me from actually consider replacing my Tech 12's.

And, I was not much of a fan of Torq either. . .

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I'm downloading the demo to test with my RMX & BCR ...be interesting to see how it is.

Just saw video of it for the screen shots. . .It looks like AVID are going straight for NI. . .

Looks good. . .let's just hope the integration with other controllers/interfaces are going to make it much tighter than it used to be. . .buz I still say the 1.5 update for it was a joke. . .

Been playin with torq a bit and can say that there are some improvements and i had it up and running with an audio 4 in minutes. But the effects are still weak and cause spikes in audio when activated in certain ways and weird clips and such when looping,but that was with buffer @ 96 samples. Still has a ways to go in terms of catching up to the big boys but very usable and sound quality is much much better

Tech Guru

turns out, i know one of the lead designers of the new torq pretty well.

once upon a time, he was one of the sickest dj's in albuquerque and a pretty amazing producer.

im not surprised its got a pretty great feature set. my old buddy shawn is a really bright guy.

bumped into him today at the namm show. was really really nice to see him again.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Suprised the new Numark NS6 hasnt been mentioned AKA "kick Pioneer in the nuts" controller

Torq looks like its worth revisiting now that its not locked into hardware, 4 decks and what looks like a bundle of pretty nifty features!

Thoughts anyone ?
    Well, if its price turns out to be €999,- I don't think it's that hard a kick in the nuts.
    Though the Rewire thingy of torq becomes a nice feature.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --