Torq 2.0 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Torq 2.0

The biggest new feature I like about it is VST support! This is something I really wish Traktor would add.

I agree on the interface, waaay to much busy going on.

I'm pretty excited about it not being tied to a specific controller anymore though. Along with VST support, and the already existing Rewire capabilities, I could see this taking the place of Traktor for people who like to DJ with both Ableton Live and Traktor.

Shiny
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by safefire View Post
    I agree on the interface, waaay to much busy going on.

I'm pretty excited about it not being tied to a specific controller anymore though. Along with VST support, and the already existing Rewire capabilities, I could see this taking the place of Traktor for people who like to DJ with both Ableton Live and Traktor.

Shiny
    yesterday i asked how customizable the interface was. the guy at the avid booth clicked like 4 buttons at the top of the screen and all of a sudden torq pretty much looked like traktor pro.

so yeah, the screens you guys are seeing are screens with EVERYTHING shown. you can turn off, resize, and move every single planel in torq 2 to your liking.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

yeah torq pretty much looks like traktor.. when striped down haha.. I guess lots of peeps.. had problems... with it.. such a great update...
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

ok but... what's the point of buying torq for more than the cost of traktor then moving everything around to make it look like traktor? If you're using VSTs I suppose that's cool but when I tried the demo i didn't like it at all. Except the full screen waveform display, that was nice.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Hold on someone explain this to me....

is torq 2.0 just an upgrade for the previous torq users? Kind of like when 1.5 came out?
    What about a soundcard? Does it still seriously run off that old plastic hunk of shite?

you can upgrade to 2.0 or buy it

but just like with traktor, the upgrade is a lot cheaper.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

epic
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimFandango View Post
    Hold on someone explain this to me....

is torq 2.0 just an upgrade for the previous torq users? Kind of like when 1.5 came out?
    What about a soundcard? Does it still seriously run off that old plastic hunk of shite?
    I wouldn't call the interface box a "hunk of shite". I have it and have been using it every weekend for almost 3 years. I've used it with Torq, Traktor Pro, and Virtual DJ. It works perfectly at the lowest latency setting and still does something that other boxes don't do...for instance the big knobs fade between the input and the sound coming from the computer. With that you can add effects to your input (vocals, real vinyl records, etc) and have a hardware wet/dry control.

Without trying to stir up too much dust, I think some of comments on this thread are more "fanboy" and not based on actual use of Torq in a real club environment.

At the time Torq first came out it was way ahead of competition in terms of features and bang-for-the-buck. I chose it because it was half the price of serato and had effects, midi, vst support, snapshots, rewire, plus I could use the audio interface with Pro Tools M-powered. Later on when I needed stuff like 4 decks and guitar-style looping for some live band work and controllerist experiments I picked up Traktor Pro. I know the ins and outs of both programs very well and can say without hesitation that Torq has always been highly, highly under-rated. I prefer it to Traktor for standard club/party DJing. The layout of the wayforms is better, stacked on top of each other so you can time breakdowns and mix in points more accurately. The looping and hotcues also seemed easier to manage on the fly. I always hated how you had to hit a hot cue again just to erase it on Traktor. I thought about making the move to Traktor Scratch Pro just for the better browser (the price is cheap enough), but bought a Numark Mixtrack instead for portable gigs and stuck with Torq for external control.

I'm glad I did.

I think that the majority of folks getting 2.0 will be previous users just because it addresses most, if not all, of people's complaints about the older versions...plus it's only a $50 upgrade.

I agree that $250 is not competitive with other DJ software packages especially when Torq with the interface included was around the same price and sometimes even lower. I'll assume the actual price will be a lot lower in stores and sometime later they'll come out with a new package that includes an audio interface for Torq. M-Audio/Avid is a primarily a hardware company after all.
    Last edited by coolout; 01-17-2011 at 02:35 PM.
    Make beats. Write rhymes. Spin music. Throw parties. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

CHECK ME OUT:
    www.djcoolout.com
    www.cooloutmusic.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast