Denon DNX 1600

Thread: Denon DNX 1600

Tech Mentor

Default Denon DNX 1600

Hi there, i'm about to buy a Denon DNX 1600 do any of guys use/own one?

Would you recommend it?

I'm coming from a DNX 1500 which I prefer to DJMs apart from the really cheap feeling faders.

Will be using it with Serato and want to incorporate the midi functionality a lot more into my sets.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I was drooling over that 1600, but decided on the S4 instead. I think someone on here bought one recently though so maybe they'll see this and pop in.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Scott View Post
    Hi there, i'm about to buy a Denon DNX 1600 do any of guys use/own one?
    Yes, I've had my X1600 mixer since early last year.

Would you recommend it?
    Highly. I took mine over to a friend's house, he's been using Trakto Pro for over two years, and I literally had to pry my mixer out of his hands. He liked it that much. He later went out and purchased his own when he realized I wasn't going to let him use mine.

I'm coming from a DNX 1500 which I prefer to DJMs apart from the really cheap feeling faders.
    The 1600 mixer trumps the 1500 in every way. Especially in sound quality I won't list the features here as I'm sure you've reviewed them already. But I will say that the Flex-Fader can be adjusted in place. No need to remove it like on the 1500.

Will be using it with Serato and want to incorporate the midi functionality a lot more into my sets.
    With the 1600 you have 4 Midi Page/Function buttons as well as 4 Parameter knobs that can be mapped.
    --------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    DJM-A9, DDJ-XP2, Sennheiser Acoustick.

I don't have any experience w/ the 1600, but I have always been fond of denon products. I have had the 900 for awhile, in addition to various other denon products, w/ no complaints. I say go 4 it.

Tech Mentor

Thanks for the replies guys, especially DJ Subculture, thats exactly what I was looking for Hopefully will have it in the next few weeks, can't wait!