VESTAX TYPHOON on MAC Jog Wheel Problem

Default VESTAX TYPHOON on MAC Jog Wheel Problem

I have a typhoon (used to use a PC) and now own a macbookpro. When i use the typhoon with the macbookpro the jog wheels do not work correctly.

If i do not attempt to use them as a filter they work fine, but when i hit the filter button sometimes they act correctly and other times they show that they are filtering but in reality they are not filtering the sound coming out of speakers or my headphones.

Sometimes they get stuck in filter mode and do nothing. Sometimes if i manually use the mouse to uncheck the filter box on traktor the jog wheels re assume scratch position but not always. Long story short, they become unpredictable if i try to do anything other than scratch with them, which is a problem because im not a big scratch DJ, but i do use the jog wheels to search for a specific beat drop or bass line, then i would like to switch to filter mode to bring the next track in.

I also use a traktor kontrol x1
    Never had this problem on PC

Any help?
    Thanks, Derek

are you using any modifiers in your mapping?
    if your jogs are mapped so when (lets just say) M2=1 is on they become filters and when M2=0 they act as jogs you have to tell is so

additionally, if you have another modifier you have to tell it when (lets say) M3=0 as the second condition.

that sounded really confusing. sorry

but if you have 2 modifiers working on it you need to tell it so in the conditions in the command.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

No i dont have any modifiers, to be truthfull i do not understand how the modifiers work yet (im working on figuring it out though.) the only changes to the mapping i did was change the fx dry/wet amount on fx unit 1 to control all 3 fx amounts when turned. (good for sweeps and drama builds)

u did get me thinking that i may have accidently changed somthing so i re-loaded the default tsi, but im still having the same problem.

thanks for the advice though! i'd be happy to hear if you have any more ideas, and if you have seen any good threads that can help teach how to use modifiers.

you do know typhoon is for pc the mac version of the controller is called spin

that might be your problem

Yah, i knew that. like i said tho, I used to own a PC thats why i bought the typhoon. But, im pretty sure it shouldnt matter which OS i use because its just a Controller, and the mappings should have stayed the same. I think the one of the main differences between the 2 is that the typhoon has an internal soundcard, so that you can use the ASIO driver when used on a PC or windows.

any more suggestions?
    thanks guys!

dood. try importing Oldfashioned's tsi for the spin. being as the typhoon and the spin are basically the same controller, the mapping for the spin might fix your problems

give it a whirl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Yah, im gona try that now, I had downloaded it yesterday and was debating uploading it but your comment jus convinced me. I was reading some of the other posts about the spin (knowing they were basically the same controller) and someone said that the tighter MIDI response in a mac causes some problems with the Leds on the controllers, sending wrong signals, apparently oldfashioned ran into the same problem and corrected it in his latest tsi.

Ima try that right now and see if that solves my issue.

Thanks Man,
    Derek

yeah man, i tried to manually map the led's to the typhoon tsi and i crashed and burned trying that. nothing i could do to it worked.

i mean its not like you realllly need them but it would be nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1