[windows] My S4 Diary: Prepping for and setting up my S4 - Page 12
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

This thread seems to have gone a bit quieter in recent months, is that because the issues with Windows machines have been sorted now?

Reason I ask is that I'm picking up my S4 this week, and I just wanted to make sure that I've got everything ready before it arrives. It sounds from this thread like there's a few things to do to get things running smoothly. Can anyone confirm whether my machine is likely to have these issues? The specs are:

HP Compaq dc7900 (Desktop PC)
    Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 2.66GHz x 2
    2 GB RAM
    Windows Vista 32 bit

Thanks very much.

Tech Student

Hello all...this is my first post here at DJTT and this by far has been the best thread for me so far. So here is my current setup:

Lenovo Thinkpad T61 (I dunno why but I love these things)
    Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.00gHz
    4GB RAM
    100GB HDD (I bought the laptop for 150 bucks so the HDD is small...plans to upgrade next week)
    Kontrol S4 and X1
    Windows 7 64-bit

I do have one question. When ever I use my trackpad to move the mouse cursor the beatgrid area (I'm not sure what its called) seems to move much smoother. And when I stop using it the area isn't as smooth. Any ideas?

I just got both of the controllers the other day and I am really excited to use them both.

Banned

really it's digital jockey, cause we ride media files :B

nice work recording all of the process for pc people, jogs my memory after i was still being utilizing a BCD3000 and Traktor 3 (dual boot, removed lower xp consuming around 70mb of ram when idle).

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbsy View Post
    This thread seems to have gone a bit quieter in recent months, is that because the issues with Windows machines have been sorted now?

Reason I ask is that I'm picking up my S4 this week, and I just wanted to make sure that I've got everything ready before it arrives. It sounds from this thread like there's a few things to do to get things running smoothly. Can anyone confirm whether my machine is likely to have these issues? The specs are:

HP Compaq dc7900 (Desktop PC)
    Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 2.66GHz x 2
    2 GB RAM
    Windows Vista 32 bit

Thanks very much.
    I think the thread is much quieter as people are just generally using the advice posted here as most of the questions have been answered. This machine should be ok. The RAM might be a little on the low side if you don't strip out the other non-essential stuff.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Quote Originally Posted by mattYams View Post
    Hello all...this is my first post here at DJTT and this by far has been the best thread for me so far. So here is my current setup:

Lenovo Thinkpad T61 (I dunno why but I love these things)
    Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.00gHz
    4GB RAM
    100GB HDD (I bought the laptop for 150 bucks so the HDD is small...plans to upgrade next week)
    Kontrol S4 and X1
    Windows 7 64-bit

I do have one question. When ever I use my trackpad to move the mouse cursor the beatgrid area (I'm not sure what its called) seems to move much smoother. And when I stop using it the area isn't as smooth. Any ideas?
    I am afraid I don't really have an explanation for that behavior - sorry!
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by smittten View Post
    I think the thread is much quieter as people are just generally using the advice posted here as most of the questions have been answered. This machine should be ok. The RAM might be a little on the low side if you don't strip out the other non-essential stuff.
    Thanks. You're right it was fine. Was worried beforehand so stopped some nonessential processes and removed some programs, but it works perfectly.

Tech Mentor

i'm getting w7 pro like now and i want to prep it like you! because now with 4deck i have a 50-60% of cpu usage that isn't so good....i will try and let you know anyway thanks for the post!!!
    I'm back guys
    One Dream http://soundcloud.com/stefanomdj/one-dream-stefanomdj
    StefanoM. Dj

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by smittten View Post
    Thanks for all the positive feedback. I will keep sharing what I learn. Some of it will be good, some of it will be bloody awful. Let me know if there is anything you wanna see on the Windows side - it's probably where I can help the most.

Cheers,
    SmiTTTen
    Smitten!! i can't create a partition in C:......it says 42MB avaiable for reduction MAX(note that i have 520Gb free).....how can i solve this? ç_ç
    Last edited by StefanoMDj; 11-23-2011 at 03:23 PM.
    I'm back guys
    StefanoM. Dj

Tech Mentor

A noob question? Which cable should I use to plug my studio monitor? xlr to rca?
    Last edited by ThinkAboutIt; 11-23-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Tech Mentor

you have to connect your soundcard to your monitor...it depends you could use a jack or 2 rca!
    I'm back guys
    StefanoM. Dj