[windows] My S4 Diary: Prepping for and setting up my S4 - Page 4
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Curious about something... Have you tried these latency tests with another (providing you have one) sound card instead of the S4's onboard one?

i don't have any extra hardware though I am sure someone is already thinking about sending me free kit to test!
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Mentor

Tested with effects yet?

Yes. No additional load. No drop outs etc.

Tech Mentor

Nice, planing on doing a clean install on my laptop tonight or when i come home from vacation I get some randow pops and clitches, but its been almost 1 year since i formated the computer... Making 2 partitions for windows, but i already got a c drive (50gb) and a d drive 180 gb, can i "take" for exampel 40 gig from the d: drive without deleting the other files and create a new partition?

I think partiotion magic can do it, but do not have a win7 comp version of it:/

Tech Mentor

Found out to do this myself:P

Tech Guru

Ok, just got my 500gb hard drive....just put it in the laptop, installing first instance of win 7...gonna put 250 on the everyday use version and 250 on the dj version

Don't think I'll ever have 250gb of music so I should be save...only pushing 50gigs right now and the applications shouldn't be more than 10 gigs.

Ill let you know how it goes and thanks for the command line a few pages back, i haven't checked this thread since I left that comment.

Tech Convert

I just installed OSX Ideneb on my Acer Aspire 5732Z

On windows 7 64 bit with all tweaks as recommended the highest setting I could do without drop outs was 44khz and 256 latency

Now with OSX
    96khz buffer 128 5.1ms

OSX is just installed.. no updates done to traktor. just the first version straight from the installation disc

Default Futher Questioning

Quote Originally Posted by smittten View Post
    Yes, when you go through the Windows install it provides you with an option to partition off your disk. To do that you delete all the existing partitions (all the data is erased to make sure you have everything backed up first) and then create your 2 partitions. Windows will also add a couple of very small system partitions but you can ignore them. You then select a partition to install your first copy Windows 7. Once you have gone through that installation you start again only you leave the partitions alone. You select the unused partition to install your 2nd copy of Windows on and go through the install again.
    Tech noob here: if I understand this correctly, you have to completely reinstall the window7 OS to make the partitions? I don't understand how you are supposed to do this. What I do understand though is why most djs get macbook pros [must....not...smash....new....laptop....] >.<

Partitioning is not a Windows concept its common to every operating system. Partitioning divides up the space on the disk and hence will always erase the data.

This whole "get a macbook pro" thing is just an expensive and dare it say it, lazy solution.

I don't have time to walk you through the entire dual boot install process but there are plenty of tutorials out there.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast