[windows] My S4 Diary: Prepping for and setting up my S4 - Page 6
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Take the battery out or just go into device manager and disable it?

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    Take the battery out or just go into device manager and disable it?
    just disable it should be enough...

just make sure your always plugged it because when power goes low, you dont get a heads up to let you know, it will just switch off if the battery power is runs out
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

Tech Mentor

One little thing that seems to have made the biggest difference was turning off the touchpad on my laptop. Also I was only turning off wifi, not actually disabling the device. Once I did those two things along with disabling the battery I seem to almost be there.

Tech Convert

I went through the majority of this trying to get my Toshiba to work with the S4. Still got glitches especially with effects. All started coming good then the damn thing started overheating after hours of use on Traktor.

I gave up last week and ordered a MacBook Pro. Received it last night so hopefully it works better.
    MBP 2011; S4 Kontrol; Korg MicroKontrol

Tech Mentor

Let us know how it works out. I think i'm going to be patient and see what happens with the new version of Traktor.

Tech Convert

Bucky.

What I can say is "Plug and Play". I plugged the new MBP in on Friday night. Not one glitch, pop, crackle, drop out. I cannot believe I went through 3~4 months of trying to get this thing to work on Vista.

Whilst i appreciate the work smitten et. al. have done to get these things working for everyone, it just seems that my vista PC was along way from being able to use Traktor effectively. Anyone thinking the PC thing is just getting to hard, the new MBP hardware is finally comparable.

Anyway, recorded a few hours of mixing and it was good not to have to worry about the PC issues. On a bright note with my extra time and renewed focus, I found the loop recorder on the main out. This thing rocks!
    MBP 2011; S4 Kontrol; Korg MicroKontrol

I have been very surprised at how quickly people have been to walk away from their windows machines and run out and buy a Mac. The Mac has certainly shown significantly less issues than Windows but a $1200 solution is a very expensive solution. Very few people on this thread have posted usable information about their configuration and simply respond with, "I have done everything and more". I am going to bet that's rarely the case.

For those with more money than patience, a MBP is the way to go. For those trying to make their Win system work - it can be done! Anyway, gotta go, I burned dinner last night so I'm off to buy a new oven.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Mentor

lol.. it's probably safe to assume that most people who buy an S4 are pretty technical and also have a decent income. Other than the people who post a thread saying "it doesn't work" and ask questions not having read something like this thread I'm sure many really have tried everything. After a while if your oven doesn't work right and you've spent hours working on it but still can't cook dinner and have a freezer full of food you'll probably just go and buy a new one... which is why it seems people go out and buy Mac's.

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    lol.. it's probably safe to assume that most people who buy an S4 are pretty technical and also have a decent income. Other than the people who post a thread saying "it doesn't work" and ask questions not having read something like this thread I'm sure many really have tried everything.
    I do feel sorry for the people who save up for ages to buy an S4 only to discover that their ageing windows machine can't run the software properly.

The fact is, like an audio chain, your rig is only as strong as its weakest component and if after trying all the regular fixes it turns out that your laptop just isn't up to it, it must be shit.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    I do feel sorry for the people who save up for ages to buy an S4 only to discover that their ageing windows machine can't run the software properly.

The fact is, like an audio chain, your rig is only as strong as its weakest component and if after trying all the regular fixes it turns out that your laptop just isn't up to it, it must be shit.
    This I TOTALLY AGREE with. My issue is people seem to be ditching perfectly good Windows machines. I have ready many posts where people run into even minor issues and, based on some of the less capable board members' suggestions, just go, "Oh, it must be Windows/shitty Win drivers -I'll just get a Mac"
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast