Complete DJ Noob in Need of Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Complete DJ Noob in Need of Help

Hello everyone. First off, I would like to say that I am glad to become a part of this community. I hope to really become a DJ for hobby purposes and possibly go gigs in the later future.

Now, you guys must know that I am a complete noob at DJing and I am in need of finding the right equipment to start out with. I know NOTHING about DJing except for that fact that they use turntables and mix.

At the moment I am interested in either a Numark IDJ3 or a Numark Mixtrack PRO since they are under my budget. Which would you guys recommend?

Even with the mixer bought, all I have is a 2.1 speaker system that runs with an 3.5 mm output, a pair of 3.5mm Skullcandy headphones, one heck of a powerful desktop, and a laptop. What else would I need to start DJing? I would hate to spend more money since I am just that cheap, but if necessary I will dish out some cash.

Any help would be great. Thanks everyone!

welcome to the forums. grab a drink and take a seat, not there becausse thats where i beat my meat

sorry. its getting late where i live.

that being said: i would go for the mixtrack. the skull candy's are a ticking time bomb. so be careful not to break them.

i recommend buying traktor pro (i think the 50% off sale is still going)

and yes, its necessary. everything else like the LE version is kind of useless next to it (ive used LE for a year mind you)
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    welcome to the forums. grab a drink and take a seat, not there becausse thats where i beat my meat

that being said: i would go for the mixtrack. the skull candy's are a ticking time bomb. so be careful not to break them.

and yes, its necessary. everything else like the LE version is kind of useless next to it (ive used LE for a year mind you)
    Thanks. So I am guessing I would need a 1/8" to a 1/4" adapter for my skullcandies to work. What should I do to get sound from the mixtrack to output to my set of 2.1 speakers?

i think it uses RCA outs. just look up the specs.

radio shack or the equivalent where you live should have what you need.

who has the link to that site that has a bazillion cables for cheap?
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

i think it uses RCA outs. just look up the specs.

radio shack or the equivalent where you live should have what you need.

who has the link to that site that has a bazillion cables for cheap?
    So lets say that I get my 2.1 speakers to work and connected to the mixtrack. Am I basically done with everything I need there?

ok, so as far as i can see there is no built in sound card on the mixtrack. so you would need an external one. (i recommend the native instruments audio 2 dj)

this allows you to play music on your speakers and be able to have something else on your headphones.

i dont know what inputs your speakers have, so ill assume its a 1/8th input

in that case all you need is a cable with 1/4 inch on one end and a 1/8th on the other (or 1/8th on both and have an adapter to 1/4th on one end)

then your headphones will also need a 1/4 adapter.

if that all works out, youll be fine.

Thanks!

One more thing, I am a bit confused now. Do I need 1/8 to RCA or 1/8 to 1/4 for my speakers to work? Or I am guessing either one is fine? Thanks.

It wasn't a sale - it was a stock clearance to make way for all their new goodies! Sold out!

Quote Originally Posted by SupremeNinja View Post
    Thanks!

One more thing, I am a bit confused now. Do I need 1/8 to RCA or 1/8 to 1/4 for my speakers to work? Or I am guessing either one is fine? Thanks.
    that depends on your speakers input.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast