[OT] Rant: If you're going to request a song... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by djnesquigs View Post
    dood, when we blew our system my junior year i literally just went to my buddys and they were like yeah, we got no idea, you figure it out heres a check. god. i was like a kid in a candy store. 2 15' Peavy powered speakers/18'sub) our place bumped after that.

what house are you in?

house? what do you mean?

like im a phi psi, what are you? sorry we called other frats, houses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Quote Originally Posted by djnesquigs View Post
    like im a phi psi, what are you? sorry we called other frats, houses.
    theta tau, but our chapter isn't "normal". long story short we're nothing like the others, and nationally we are hated because we always get in to trouble for partying (not raping girls lol). where you from? If your the ones I'm thinking of your chapter at Michigan State University IS NUTS!!!

im from boston, but went to school in gettysburg. it was small and thats all there was to do. i wish i went to a big school with greek life. my buddys house was like right off campus of bucknell and the PKP there was dope.

we had so many fines for partying and shit. $500 x keg and i loved playing donkey kong

EDIT: in case anyone doesnt know, donkey kong is when you start on one end of a basement and try to get to the other side while kegs are bouncing towards you, so you gotta jump it like in teh video game.

hilarious and dangerous. yet redicliously awesome.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    I hear you, and yes, there IS an element of (professional) obligation. I think it's your last point that we are moaning about. If you're billed as a tech/deep house set, why WOULD you have the new Black Eyed Peas cued ? (It's a crap song whichever way you look at it, AND they should pay the frik'n royalties). I don't like being told I have 'bad taste' by a drunk bimbette that thinks the BAP's are 'hip'.
    +10 espicaly since I am a tech/deep house dj. No I wont play the BEPs, mostly cause they suck but secondli cuase I dont fucking have it with me. but if u ask nice i might play some biggie or snoop, oh but u dont know who they are cuase they arent on the top 40 and havnt done anything in the last decade.
    Last edited by Djtom420; 01-16-2011 at 03:16 PM.
    Acer 1803T - Abelton Live 8 - Audio 2 DJ - Korg Micro X - M-Audio USB - KRK Rockit Monitors - Dell Xeon Desktop - Sony MDR headphones - Fruity loops - Acid Pro - Sound Forge

+1 on the Donkey Kong!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

i shattered the my front 3 teeth doing that. bit the floor. ouch.

Oof, not that good a trick. You should have brought your hammer.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by djcaptainshawn View Post
    theta tau, but our chapter isn't "normal". long story short we're nothing like the others, and nationally we are hated because we always get in to trouble for partying (not raping girls lol). where you from? If your the ones I'm thinking of your chapter at Michigan State University IS NUTS!!!
    Are you out of Michigan? I'm a brother of Kappa Sigma at U of M - Flint

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen_Insane View Post
    Example from last week, banging out some heavy dubstep tunes... got a ton of people jamming to it. Some chick comes up and asks me to put on some rhianna followed by some dude asking if i can play some drake. Crazy top40 fools.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNjwLga8D6o
    Setup: Kontrol S2, Komplete Audio 6, Maschine Mikro Akai LPD 8, Akai Mpk49, Traktor 2, Ableton Suite 8.
    http://soundcloud.com/miishmash

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast