Why is Serato worth more money - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BennyJ View Post
    Yeah i feel serato is a hip hop thing not a EDM thing.
    Interesting, Serato is the most popular soft in my area, and the DJ's spin a lot more than Hip Hop, and they do it REALLY WELL! I'm one of the few using Traktor. Some use Ableton to DJ round here, other CDJ's and others strickly Vinyl. However all of these DJ's killing around here are not limited to a specific genera by their preferred media.

I'd say Serato being "Hip Hop" and Traktor being "EDM" is a very limited way to describe it. To me it's no different than people who hang onto false propaganda such as "A Prias has no get up and go for a car," yet I chased down and caught a hit and run driver in a Prias with no problem. I do just fine spinning hip hop with Traktor, and I see plenty killing it with Serato all over the genera board.

I would hope DJ's on this site, would open thier eyes a little wider and quit trying to classify things in little compartments. I always thought this site was about a moving forward progression, not limitations.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by JuanSOLO View Post
    Interesting, Serato is the most popular soft in my area, and the DJ's spin a lot more than Hip Hop, and they do it REALLY WELL! I'm one of the few using Traktor. Some use Ableton to DJ round here, other CDJ's and others strickly Vinyl. However all of these DJ's killing around here are not limited to a specific genera by their preferred media.

I'd say Serato being "Hip Hop" and Traktor being "EDM" is a very limited way to describe it. To me it's no different than people who hang onto false propaganda such as "A Prias has no get up and go for a car," yet I chased down and caught a hit and run driver in a Prias with no problem. I do just fine spinning hip hop with Traktor, and I see plenty killing it with Serato all over the genera board.

I would hope DJ's on this site, would open thier eyes a little wider and quit trying to classify things in little compartments. I always thought this site was about a moving forward progression, not limitations.
    First i didnt say all hip hop dj's use it and i didnt say all edm dj's use it. Ive seen both and they work well if the person knows how tu use it. BUT ive seen wayyy more hip hop dj's use serato then traktor.

Second, thats u. not anybody else. U may do fine but other ppl may hate traktor for hip hop.

Third where u getting this from? this is a discussion we can voice our opinions. This site is geared around traktor cuz well...the ppl that run the site make TRAKTOR mappings, not serato. If this was a serato geared site it would be the same thing except towards serato.

Dont get me wrong i like serato, i just dont like it more then traktor.
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.

Tech Mentor

Sure it's geared more towards Traktor, but this site has seemed just as much about mod's, DIY, and many other things as well. I wasn't trying to pick on you, or make my point at your expense, sorry if it came out that way. I was simply participating in the discussion.

I am not targeting you when I talk DJ's and our self imposed limitations. I am just making a blanket statement based on what I see in comparison to the way others are creative musically, i.e. bands. Lot's of people play blues on a Stratocaster, but that does not make it a blues guitar.

If anything I am just hoping our DJ community can embrace innovation, the likes of which this forum help to promote. When people consistently make claims about Traktor is more for this and Serato is more for that, it just gives more power to what is really just a myth. Granted I know what your saying, and it would seem that way "Serato is more hip hop." My question is that really truth?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by JuanSOLO View Post
    Sure it's geared more towards Traktor, but this site has seemed just as much about mod's, DIY, and many other things as well. I wasn't trying to pick on you, or make my point at your expense, sorry if it came out that way. I was simply participating in the discussion.

I am not targeting you when I talk DJ's and our self imposed limitations. I am just making a blanket statement based on what I see in comparison to the way others are creative musically, i.e. bands. Lot's of people play blues on a Stratocaster, but that does not make it a blues guitar.

If anything I am just hoping our DJ community can embrace innovation, the likes of which this forum help to promote. When people consistently make claims about Traktor is more for this and Serato is more for that, it just gives more power to what is really just a myth. Granted I know what your saying, and it would seem that way "Serato is more hip hop." My question is that really truth?
    bro discssion remember? If i took everything personally i wouldnt be on a forum site.

No i didnt think u where at all, im just stating how i feel. And yes thats true, but its more of a blues guitar because ppl play that more on it right? That doesnt make it an only blues guitar just the preferance for when ppl wanna play blues. Same here. Serato is just a preferance, the way i see it, for dj'd that wanna spin hip hop.

Im not sure man. They both are good at something. The thing with traktor that helps is the sync. SSL doesnt have it. Not that that makes a huge difference but its a feature.

in the end...whatever u like, whatever ur comfortable with, is what u need to spin on. Member in the end its about the music so what ever u use just use it well.
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeintox View Post
    It's the industry standard!

I think a lot of people use it because it's an easy step into laptop djing with your turntables. Solid hardware and software without all the bells and whistles of Traktor or VDJ and a (marginally) tighter DVS.
    Lies!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTj-L7EKCL8

Quote Originally Posted by Garygary1 View Post
    Lies!!!
    haha yeh I was just thinking of that.
    Last edited by fullenglishpint; 01-17-2011 at 02:02 PM.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

[QUOTE=Garygary1;212458]Lies!!!
    ]

+1 it has been said so many times: PERSONAL PREFERENCE
    My Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/djmogal Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/dj.mogal Equipment: 2011 MBP 13"/ CDJ 350s/ DJM 350/ V-Moda CrossFade LP/ Traktor Pro

huh... why isn't quoting working...

aaaaand back on topic.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

[OT] i think i messed it up. i quoted something then deleted the video so that must've messed it up.
    My Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/djmogal Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/dj.mogal Equipment: 2011 MBP 13"/ CDJ 350s/ DJM 350/ V-Moda CrossFade LP/ Traktor Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorMogal View Post
    [OT] i think i messed it up. i quoted something then deleted the video so that must've messed it up.
    lol I must have done the exact same thing

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast