Xone 4d vs. Xone 92 & (2) 1D's

View Poll Results: Which one should I pick?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Allen & Heath Xone 4d

10 47.62%
  • Allen & Heath Xone 92 with (2) 1D's

7 33.33%
  • Other Option: Let me know

4 19.05%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Xone 4d vs. Xone 92 & (2) 1D's

Hello DJTT,

I was currently going to sell my cdj 1000's and DJM 800 to get a Xone 4d or Xone 92 & (2) 1D's.....but im stuck on which one to get they are almost the same besides a few things..

so which one do you think I should pick?
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

I voted 4D because I really feel it's amazing all-in-one piece of kit. That being said, if you are very mobile, just lugging a couple 1D's around may be a better option for you. But having the full 4D kit, you'd be totally familiar with the setup.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

if you already have an X1 why do you want 2 1Ds as well?

just curious.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Don't get the 4D. As awesome as it is, it's unlikely you'll ever be given the option of installing it when playing @ a club or festival.

Relying on a special mixer to mix means A: you have to provide the mixer for everyone, every time you want to play, and B: you have to convince everyone else to plug into your mixer. Which means you can't take it home until everyone is done.

Tech Wizard

I now have this setup; 92 + 2 1Ds. Literally only in the last few days. I've been wondering whether I should buy the 1Ds for about a year. I wish I had bought them at the start. If it wasn't for the fact I already owned a 92 I would have bought the 4D.

Personally I'd find out whether the 1D is for you at all.
    I've created my own mapping for them which will require another 2 days to finish decks C and D. I wouldn't sell the DJM-800 just yet as Traktor has 92 emulated FX options. That's the beauty of the getting 1Ds as you don't have to take a costly plunge, as you have a good mixer and an external sound card already. As you have a Kontrol X1, maybe you just need One 1D?

Here is my mapping for the 1D

Tech Mentor

isnt it the same thing...?
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.

Tech Wizard

might want to bear in mind 92 has 4 band EQ whereas 4D only has 3 band
    Traktor Pro 2 -/- Xone 92 -/- Audio 8 DJ -/- 2x Kontrol X1 -/- Maschine -/- Xone XD53 -/- KRK RP6

Tech Mentor

Ecler Evo 5 and a pair of X1s

A xone db4 and a pair of X1s

As a person who used to have a pair of 1ds an now has a pair of X1s, The X1s are much much better

Tech Wizard

4D doesn't need an external sound card, is smaller in width, doesn't have 4 Band EQ, Doesn't have 2 XLR Inputs with 4 band EQ. But is Black which makes it look cool.

Xone:9221D (As I like to call it)

Weighs more than a big bag of puppies. Is Bigger in width. Needs an External Sound card and more cables than you can actually stuff in a bag. Can't be placed on top of a 1210 Deck lid without the 1Ds falling off, (Unless you put in in a case... which is said to create an event horizon.... so nobody has dared to try it.)

Horses for courses TBH. I'd say to anyone if this is the setup you want and you don't own a 92 then buy a 4D, unless your a Mobile DJ and need good Mic EQing. I don't know why manufacturers make such crap Mic solutions for Club mixers? Do Club DJ's not mind sounding like they're talking into a pillow when they need to make an announcement? I know it's a rare happening but still.

As far as a I know you really need to have your tracks beat gridded to use X1's effectively. You can assign pitch bend to the jog wheel on a 1D
    Last edited by WooDz; 01-17-2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: typo

Tech Guru

thank you everyone on your opinions I really appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by willrjmarshall View Post
    Don't get the 4D. As awesome as it is, it's unlikely you'll ever be given the option of installing it when playing @ a club or festival.

Relying on a special mixer to mix means A: you have to provide the mixer for everyone, every time you want to play, and B: you have to convince everyone else to plug into your mixer. Which means you can't take it home until everyone is done.
    at first i was thinking in choosing the 4d since it was an all in one but as I think about it most clubs require you using their mixer like you said above this is a good point and is leaning me towards buying seperate

Quote Originally Posted by WooDz View Post
    I now have this setup; 92 + 2 1Ds. Literally only in the last few days. I've been wondering whether I should buy the 1Ds for about a year. I wish I had bought them at the start. If it wasn't for the fact I already owned a 92 I would have bought the 4D.

Personally I'd find out whether the 1D is for you at all.
    I've created my own mapping for them which will require another 2 days to finish decks C and D. I wouldn't sell the DJM-800 just yet as Traktor has 92 emulated FX options. That's the beauty of the getting 1Ds as you don't have to take a costly plunge, as you have a good mixer and an external sound card already. As you have a Kontrol X1, maybe you just need One 1D?

Here is my mapping for the 1D
    why isnt it good to sell it just yet? and what do you mean by traktor has 92 emulated FX options?

***btw nice mapping might have to ask you for that if i get a 1D
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast