So all you hobbyist DJs, what's your day job?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default So all you hobbyist DJs, what's your day job?

I hope I'm not one of a few on this forum who do this only as a hobby. After rereading my post in a recent thread, I got curious about what other hobbyist DJs might do full-time.

Right now I'm doing a BSc at the University of Alberta (still haven't declared a major). I know it isn't really a job, that figure of speech just seemed appropriate for the thread title.

So, what of the rest of you?

Software and hardware designer. I also own a service center for pro equipment (audio, video, lightning repair). Things are quite slow, see too much, these days, so I have plenty time to dig some new music and learn more about my "Dj toys" bought in 2010.

Cellular, molecular, and developmental biology major at the University of Washington in Seattle. Doing the pre-med deal with 20 credits this quarter which leaves precious little time for the turntables but I have worked them into my study breaks and I DJ instead of watching TV.

I love how great the members of this forum are and how helpful it is to my learning process.

Cheers,

Matt
    Last edited by mattinthebox; 01-18-2011 at 02:11 AM.
    2xTechnics 1200 m3d. Traktor Pro. Audio 8. Kontrol X1. Akai MPD24 paper weight...

Lol I think I'm the only kid in Sciences at the UofA who wants to do anything but medicine...

But honestly, I wish you good luck with admission!

Banned

If I really wanted to, I could get by on my DJ gigs. But for my life style I need to bartend as well during the week to make extra scratch for DJ and studio gear.

Tech Wizard

Whats up Matt, currently in Seattle as well.

I'm a bartender, which makes the networking aspects of being a DJ easier in some respects. Do you feel the same Nephew?

Tech Mentor

i am studying Business informatics, djing is my hobby that keeps me from getting back into the gaming zone that took so many hours of my life away
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

I'm a Media student at Swinburne Uni of Melbourne. I work weddings and functions/bartend on weekends (when I'm not DJing) and I'm just about to start a radio show in Melbourne that will be a mixture of DJ sets from myself and different djs and bands from around the city who will be coming in each week to do guest sets - unfortunately the radio is voluntary but it is a good launching pad for a hopeful career in radio!!
    VCI 100se l Audio 2 DJ l Traktor Pro l 13" Macbook l

Tech Mentor

Electrical and Computer Engineer at the University of Iowa. But I work at campus IT, basically we have 26 computers labs that I manage. I would like to get into some professional gigs but I am still learning the trade plus my choice in music hasn't led me to a broad enough music library. This was a cool topic thanks for the thread!

I am a New Media, Graphic and Web design student who works as a Food Assembly and Reheating Technician for Boston Pizza in Northern British Columbia, Canada.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast