Pitch Faders VS pitch up/down buttons

Default Pitch Faders VS pitch up/down buttons

Which do you prefer?

I used to run Traktor (2 decks) with my M-Audio Trigger Finger, where I used 2 buttons per side to nudge up/down and 2 buttons per side to pitch up and down.

I recently tried Mixvibes Cross 1.5 with the same Trigger Finger, only I set the Pitch up/down to faders.

I might need to change my overall pitch fader % because daaayyumm was it ever difficult; much more so than the buttons were in Traktor.

Do you have a preference?

If your using low resolution midi faders then you will find that buttons will work better, you could however use both if you wanted to get the best out of both worlds. Using the faders for dramatic tempo changes and the buttons for small incremental changes.

I would like to see someone put videos up of them beat matching with no readings using buttons.

I havent actually had the chance to beatmatch with a cdj/technics pitch fader(yet, I'm in negotiations with the universe about this one) but since I started using the encoder as a relative pitch control its has gotten a little bit easier. It seems hard to find a good increment that is fast and effective. Maybe I'm missing something and someone would care to share it with me. purhaps a beatmatching tutorial using buttons. I mean someone should be able to do it. The concept is the same the medium just changes.

MY goal is to have developed enough to be able to purchase a nox 606 and use it to its full capacity. I think those mixers will be the bomb

I have a turntable with a pitch fader,I have a turntable with a pitch fader, I have a turntable with a pitch fader. I'm trying to materialize my thoughts!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Porkie View Post
    I would like to see someone put videos up of them beat matching with no readings using buttons.

I havent actually had the chance to beatmatch with a cdj/technics pitch fader(yet, I'm in negotiations with the universe about this one) but since I started using the encoder as a relative pitch control its has gotten a little bit easier. It seems hard to find a good increment that is fast and effective. Maybe I'm missing something and someone would care to share it with me. purhaps a beatmatching tutorial using buttons. I mean someone should be able to do it. The concept is the same the medium just changes.

MY goal is to have developed enough to be able to purchase a nox 606 and use it to its full capacity. I think those mixers will be the bomb

I have a turntable with a pitch fader,I have a turntable with a pitch fader, I have a turntable with a pitch fader. I'm trying to materialize my thoughts!
    did you tick the auto repeat box for the pitch buttons? it's better to have it set that way. you can configure a shift key and set a modifier so when you press shift+pitch +/- you get larger/finer increments.

regarding the mixer, you don't need to beatmatch to use it to it's full capacity. hope behringer took care of the faders resistance in the new units.

I think all the new units will have innofaders. There is a video kicking around here somewhere.They look solid. Only going to be 600 cdn or so I think. Well 400 Euro. Whatever that works out to be. The NOX 606 is the mixer I am refering too.

I feel like there are certain steps I need to take my mixing seriously. beatmatching is one of them. I think it comes with a comfort level of mixing.

realistically I might not even wanna use a four channel mixer by then 2 channels may be enough. I think I keep dreaming of 4 channels. 2 on turntables and 2 on the X1. Or maybe 2 X1's and 2 turntables. Who knows. For now though. I got an encoder for coarse and the default tempo adjust for fine. Trying to play around with the acceleration in traktor to see if I can get more control over the encoder.
    Last edited by Ryan Leo; 01-19-2011 at 06:06 AM. Reason: unfinshed sentence I missed

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Porkie View Post
    I think all the new units will have innofaders. There is a video kicking around here somewhere.They look solid. Only going to be 600 cdn or so I think. Well 400 Euro. Whatever that works out to be. The NOX 606 is the mixer I am refering too.

I feel like there are certain steps I need to take my mixing seriously. beatmatching is one of them. I think it comes with a comfort level of mixing.

realistically I might not even wanna use a four channel mixer by then 2 channels may be enough. I think I keep dreaming of 4 channels. 2 on turntables and 2 on the X1. Or maybe 2 X1's and 2 turntables. Who knows. For now though. I got an encoder for coarse and the default tempo adjust for fine. Trying to play around with the acceleration in traktor to see if I can get more control over the encoder.
    why not 2 regular decks and 2 sample decks?