What do i need for my first gig?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    Never hurts to be ready for a kidnapping....sheesh
    Its only kidnapping if its more than 48 hrs
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Guys! Sorry! This is a good thread, and imma let you get back on topic. But i think we all need to consider that we missed an obvious point from the OP question...

No one mentioned he needs his power cable for laptop... shame on all of you...

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    Ok, this is all I needed to know.

Now get the following:

- 1 half-empty can of Pepsi (preferably the "Throwback" kind)
    - Your apartment/house keys
    - A container of chloroform
    - 7 feet of rope.
    - A small, half-full salt container.

Now, on the day of your gig, the following should happen in order. The materials listed above are to help you in the coming series of events.

About midway through your set, someone (it could be someone you know, but odds are it will be some random hot chick) will ask about your shoes. It is imperative you wear these shoes to the gig. As soon as she does, run to the storage area (be sure to leave a long track playing). As soon as you get there drop your keys and bend over to pick them up. Once you get back up, a man will be right in front of you, offering to sell you housecleaning supplies. Show him your flask full of chloroform as a sign that you already have cleaning supplies and he will walk away.

Now start making your way back to the booth. Midway there get your rope, tie one end to something on one side of the walkway (a pole of some sort if preferred, but a stool in which someone is sitting on will do if need be). Once tied, go to the other side, sit on the floor, and count to 10. When you get to 10, pull the rope with all your strength. You now have tripped someone carrying a drink that would have spilled it on your gear. Get up and walk it off as if you had nothing to do with it (use the half empty Pepsi can to add to this guise), and head to the booth.

By now you should be some 5 feet from the booth. Before you take your first step into it, throw the partially filled container of salt straight up. When it comes back down it will knock a man unconscious. But, low and behold, he was going to push you onto your gear.

If all this was done correctly, you would have completely saved your first gig while still having plenty of time to mix in the next song.

Aside from that, you can just hook up one Makie and connect the other one to it via the through XLR.

Have fun!

This thread. Is. Awesome!
    ------=== ===------

Quote Originally Posted by b3nz0n8 View Post
    This thread. Is. Awesome!
    for wrong reasons. Old skool djtt ftw

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw View Post
    Its only kidnapping if its more than 48 hrs
    First rule of rape club, don't talk about rape club :P

I kid of course!
    | TSP2 | Behringer DJX 750 | NI Audio 8 | Asus Eee PC | Novation Launchpad | Kontrol X1 | 2x Technics 1210 MK II's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123