Setting up Traktor Scratch Duo in a club...

Default Setting up Traktor Scratch Duo in a club...

It may be a stupid question, but here it goes:

I'm back to djing, and I'm thinking about going to Traktor Scratch Duo. I just use 2 decks and if I need to record my set I would connect my Zoom H4 on the digital out of the mixer. Besides, I don't use a lot of effects, and I prefer using the ones on my DDM4000 mixer... The only three things that are annoying me: no quantized mode, beatgridding issue affecting loops and a possible problem when playing in a club after a dj using traktor scratch pro.

Do you guys think it's worth considering going pro just because of these issues?

I can't think of a single situation in which quantized mode would come in handy to be honest.

What's your beatgridding issue? I wasn't aware there was any difference between the way that duo and pro handled beat grids. If you're having problems it could just be the way you've set it up rather than the software itself.

I don't see what the problem with setting up after a person using scratch pro would include... Even if you were sharing the same sound card so long as you have all the drivers there won't be any issues with compatibility. What did you mean exactly when you said issues with setting up?

Thanks for the reply, mate. Well, to be honest, I didn't know that even if we share the same soundcard I could run traktor scratch duo in an Audio 8. About the beatgridding issue, I was reading about it on other forum, and some guy said:

"B. If the first beat marker is off when it analyizes the song you can't fix it in Duo but you can in Pro.
    C. You can't put a loop where you want, it has to be on a beat grid marker which sucks. You can in Pro."

I'm worried about this, because if this is true, then Traktor Duo is kinda useless for me.

That's can't be right at all, that would mean that in traktor duo you can't place cue points wherever you want to. I'm gunna say that's bullshit and he doesn't know how to use it.

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...-duo/?page=588

Check it, no mention of any difference in how cue points, beat grids or loops being handled differently.