I NEED HELP ASAP! (mapping trigger finger alongside s4)

Default I NEED HELP ASAP! (mapping trigger finger alongside s4)

Hello to all forum users,

First off i wanna say i think its sick that its possible for me to get help like this and how the online community here really takes care of each other all for the love of music. My problem that i have is i'm headlining my first show in toronto and just picked up a trigger finger for real cheap but can't figure out how to map it. I am trying to set it up so the 8 pads on the top section are hotcues on deck A 1-8 and the bottom 8 pads to control hot cues 1-8 on deck B. I would also like to map the knobs to control effects for both decks but mainly the filter for each deck (the main priority is the hot cues). If anyone can provide some help i would greatly appreciate it considering my show is on monday night! Please and thank you!

Tyler
    GTA

I assume you're starting the mapping from scratch?

Go to prefs > controller manager and add a generic midi device with the import button at the top.

Click ADD IN, find "Select/Set + Store hotcue". Select hotcue 1, then click learn, then hit the pad for hotcue 1 and select deck A or B in the assignment menu.

Rinse and repeat x16.

I think the filter control is in the mixer section of the ADD IN menu but I'm not sure. then the same thing again but turn the knob while learn is on. FX are harder, but pretty self explanatory if you look through the ADD IN menu.

hope that all makes sense
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

that makes perfect sense, the only thing is when i press the learn the button and start pressing a pad on the trigger finger it won't learn it but yet i know traktor is recognizing the trigger finger because i have it listed in the "in port". do you think i need to list anything for "out port" or any other area? also i know the trigger finger is recognizing me hitting the pad because the values change on the screen in the top left. thanks for your response, any further help to get me closer to a resolution would again be greatly appreciated!

it should be selected in both in and out lists.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Go to prefs > controller manager and add a generic midi device with the import button at the top.
    + choose your trigger finger as input on this device!

when-i-raise-ma-tri-gger-fin-ger-all-you-****ers-hit-the-deck---deck.........