Mixed in Key Poll

View Poll Results: Mixed in Key?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I use it, and I've found its actually really accurate.

22 48.89%
  • Yes I use it, and it pisses me off because its wrong most of the time.

3 6.67%
  • No, I dont use it, don't know anyone that does.

12 26.67%
  • No, I dont use it, but I know someone that does and it seems pretty accurate.

5 11.11%
  • No, I dont use it, but I know someone that does and they swear its wrong all the time.

3 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Mixed in Key Poll

Do you use it?

I just found out a friend of mine i've known for years uses it and swears by it. I really respect this guy musically as well.

but after reading the review of it only being about 60% accurate (or wrong 40% of the time depending on how you look at it) im a little apprehensive.

So do you use it? If you do, is it accurate for you? I'm entirely open to the idea that their algorhythm could have improved since that review.

and before you jump the shark, yes i know about rapid evolution and mixmeister. But I didnt really like RA and i dont see myself buying mixmeister. I just want to know about mixed in key.

I was just curious to put a poll up here cause i couldnt find one someone had done in this way. so vote up there and comment down here or something

thanks in advance
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Guru

nope. 60% success rate sounds pretty bullshit to me... and they charge what, a 100$ for that crap? give me a fucking break.

if i cared enough to label my tunes by key i'd just use a keyboard and my ears... i think the fact that it would be a 100% success rate would outweigh the extra time/work it would require....

Tech Guru

They charge 58 dollars.

I read eans review. I'm just looking for feedback from more than 1 person
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Guru

yea i hear ya.... once they come out with a version that scores a 90-100% accuracy i'd be loving that, but until then it just seems way to dodgy to invest money in the software and time into more prep-work chores.

Tech Guru

See that's the thing I'm hoping this poll will shed some real light on.

been using it for over 2 years and couldn't go without it now
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

is it true it only works like half the time? or is it better for certain genres of music than others?

i would say about 2-3 tracks out of 10 sound a bit off, not too bad.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    is it true it only works like half the time? or is it better for certain genres of music than others?
    just keep an eye on the poll to find out =p

I wish someone would do a large scale test of a few hundred songs, maybe even separated by genre, so we could actually have some impirical evidence of its capabilites rather than hear-say.

DJTT already did a comparison test, I think it must be scratchworx turn
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast