Akai LPD8 for filters and gains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Akai LPD8 for filters and gains

So I've decided on the DDJ T1 to replace my S4, eventually I'll pick up a midi fighter for effects presets and sample deck triggers.

In the mean time, would it be possible for me to remap the gain knobs on the T1 to EQ: High, then remap High > Mid, Mid > Mid2 and keep Low as Low using the xone92 style 4 band EQ in pro?

If so, could I then map the top 4 encoders on an Akai LPD8 to channel 1-4 gains and the bottom 4 as channel filters?

Thanks for your help

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I'm not very familiar with the LPD8, but I'm pretty sure you can do exactly what you want.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Cheers dude, turns out you can get the LEDs that backlight the pads to function as VU meters too, solves another problem of the DDJ T1 =D

You could but to be honest I wouldn't if you intend to use them a lot. Don't get me wrong, I like the lpd8 but those knobs are shit.

the gains i'll rarely use and the filters i'll only use when i'm filtering a channel other than the deck controlled one (which i would use the pioneer filter for ofc)

would get some davies 1900 knobs to whack on it to make them a little taller too

Are the lpd8 knobs easily replaceable, do you know? I've been too cowardly to pry them off,

umm by the sounds of things yeah, read a couple of posts in the forums here but closed the tabs, will let you know once i find them again

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I think the DJTT knobs will work, but you have to take the inside out and put it back in facing the opposite direction to get the line to match up.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

LPD8 knobs are really easy to replace. Indeed the original ones are pain in the a55. I found an interesting model in a local parts supplier here. They are rubberized, and you have 5 or 6 different colors. 0.79$ (CAN) each... can't go wrong.... Bellow a picture of them. I use the one in the middle, fits "perfectly"

They list them as Flexi-Fit, Serie F313 (13mm), you also need the black plastic insert (here they give them)

Google it, there's plenty link. I heard some found them on eBay as well.

Here's a picture of one of my friend's one. I don't have mine on this computer... and i'm lazy

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Steve Zorilow; 01-20-2011 at 11:19 PM.

And you just pulled off the knobs it came with right? I'm really nervous about pulling shit off. Had too many things break when I thought they would just slide off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast