DN-SC2000 or DN-MC6000 (all-in-one or not)
    Tech Convert

Default DN-SC2000 or DN-MC6000 (all-in-one or not)

Noob question here. I have been practicing with Traktor for a couple months and getting ready for my first bar/club gig (small place). I am more a musician/music-maker (dare say producer) but really want to start DJing regularly. I have been using my APC20 but I really like the idea of the DN-SC2000, more so even than the all-in-ones like the MC6000 or others.

Recent NAMM was full of all-in-one controllers (NS6, DDJ-T1, DDJ-S1 to name a few). Seems all-in-one is the preferred way now. I can see they are more cost effective and better if one has to bring all their own gear. But if one is going to clubs which are already setup with nice mixers then it seems a compact controller + laptop + (club external mixer maybe use clubs interfaces) makes good sense.

Just wondering if going the audio-interface + DN-SC2000 is still a good option, maybe more flexible for the long term?
    Why are the all-in-ones so popular?
    To all-in-one or not to all-in-one that is the question?

I hate all in ones. You can't upgrade individual parts, they take up loads of room, you can't make use of others gear such as the venues mixer, you have to carry loads more and if one bit breaks you've lost everything.

I don't see why you wouldn't want a controller and a sound card and a mixer or whatever. You can adjust your set up depending on what you want to use it for and what you're playing and no all in one controller will be perfectly designed for what you want to do.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    I don't see why you wouldn't want a controller and a sound card and a mixer or whatever...
    thanks. this was kind of my feeling too, but there is so much "love"/buzz on the all-in-ones I thought maybe I was missing something. I guess some DJs do like the all-in-ones though.

Tech Wizard

i love the sc2000, i actually use 1 sc2000 and 1 kontrol x1, i have four decks control

however i have seen that the mc6000 with an xml hack can run SSL/Itch and Traktor.

PEace.