what pa system should i buy????
    Tech Wizard

Default what pa system should i buy????

Hi all,looking for advice on what sort of pa system to purcase.Its for partys like 21st and 30ths.Any idea,s????????Would a 300watt system do?Was looking at Audio intimidation pa system 300 watt.Was going for 200 euros second hand.

how many people?

300 watt??:O i wouldn't use it to be honest id go with 300 watts a side ie 2x300 watt speakers but if its all you can afford go for it.. Also if its only a one off thing go for it but if you plan on doing other gigs you might aswell invest in something better. in my opinion of course.

Make sure to test it well
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

that B-52 setup kicks
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

+1 on the B-52.

I have one of those setups, it totally kills everything else in its price range.
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

i've been a huge fan of jbl's we used to use back in the rave days all the time, got into mackies for a few years until i had to buy my own.
    so after a bit of research
    i went with
    jbl 512's with crown amped power.
    they are extremely versatile, you have the choice of flat response or you can boost the bass, currently they are just home speakers, i ran out of money before i could get sub's but really on the non flat response in a small club they don't need the subs,
    i've brought em out to gig's as additional fronts, as well i love the power,
    jbl is the r&d king when it comes to their professional line,
    light strong enclosures, neodymium magnets ( in some ) matched to crown amp's )
    i really couldnt be much happier,
    they put out 500-1000wats per side,
    look great feel great hang great mount great, i really have no complaints and wouldnt need anything more then a sub,

which i'd go with the dual 18's

and honestly in this day and age there'es no chance i'd buy something like the b52's unless they were like half the cost,
    i paid close to 1200 CAD ( mnus a nice discount after ) for each unit,
    you can find the same ones for maybe 7000800 a piece for old stock ( theres a newer line , but lots of places still have alot of the older stock as so many people love the jbl lines )
    i think it's like prx line or something,
    they still have better technology in them then most pa set up's double their price,

Well I picked up my B-52 system for $500 at GC.

You will NOT get two dual 15" JBL towers and a decent amp for anywhere near $500.

And in the B-52 system your getting a flat response with proper bass reinforcement.

Instead of EQing more bass into a speaker system that isn't designed to have that much bass reinforcement.

As well I agree JBL makes some great PA speakers, the OP was talking about a much lower price point.
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.