VCI-100 Changing LEDs and resistors help
    Tech Convert

Default VCI-100 Changing LEDs and resistors help

Hey guys, I'm in the midst of a doing a completely custom VCI-100 for a family member, and we wanted to switch out all the LEDs on it for cooler colors like blue, purple, and pink. The problem is the VCI is limiting the power to the LEDs and they aren't very bright. Does anyone have any info on which resistors on the main board are for the LEDs so I can change them to appropriate values?

Thanks

Tech Convert

Also, as I dont mix myself and am just doing this for him, is there some kind of command or mapping i can use in traktor to turn on LEDs to test them?

Without the schematic to know what's driving the LED I would NOT recommend to use lower value resistors. You may blow something OR at least hurt somethiing. Without the VCI schematic (or knowledge of who drive the LED) The only viable and safe thing would be to add a specific "high current" driver circuit so you could even drive more LEDs without much problem. There's still high efficiency LED that require less current for more brightness... pricing IS different of the regular though

And then, depending how much current you need to add, will the "new" current need be too much a the USB specs? Well probably we are not talking about more amperes but milliamps. Needs to be double checked once everything's running with all LEDs on, worst case external PSU or good Powered USB hub who's allow to suck more than the USB specs BY USB port. However, if you use it on a real USB port, you may have some Warning about over current...

Quite a couple of questions... I would give it a go if I had one though....
    Last edited by Steve Zorilow; 01-22-2011 at 07:38 PM.