VCI LED's swapped, need some help testing..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default VCI LED's swapped, need some help testing..

Hey guys. I'm not a DJ and I'm modding a VCI-100 for a family member. I just got all the LEDs swapped out with nice neon colors, but am having some issues getting some to turn on. The firmware has been upgraded to v1.4 and i've seen all of the LEDs turn on except for the following. This is all according to the overlay that goes with the 1.4 firmware by the way.

The four effects buttons (A,B,C,D), the sampler button, and the two headphone buttons in the center.

Is there something I can do in Traktor to get them to illuminate? I've gotten disco mode to work, but those buttons still don't light up...

Thanks

Tech Guru

100% they are modded correctly? Is the problem just on one side of the controller?

I'm not fimilar with the VCI-100, but I think mapping is the same process.

To map outputs aka LEDS: (This is what I do)

Preferences

Controller manager

Select your VCI or generic midi in the drop down menu

Add In 1 modifier

"Learn" the modifier to which button you want to make a output for. This way you know the note of that button.

Add an output for the button you want to light up. You want to select whatever the button is set to. For example, if its the Master Tempo button but it works as Cue. You want to make an output for Cue not Master Tempo.

Manually set the note that was learned on the Modifier above.

Check your button. You may need to play with the values to get the desired light up of the button. Usually 0 is off, 1 is on.

Do the same for the rest of the buttons.

Delete the Modifier you added in earlier when your done.

Not working? Clicky> http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/05/3...ds-in-traktor/

Tech Convert

I read that link and really appreciate the help, but I can't manage to get any LEDs to turn on when I custom map them, let alone ones that never turn on...

i think you put them in wrong. or the LEDs are bad.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Guru

Stupid question and I'm sure you checked before installing but. .

Not not familiar with your mod. But did you connect/solder the LEDS in the correct way? From my experiences with LEDs you have to have + & - correct to get them to light.

A,B,C, & D - Are you sure your adding the right outputs for the control. You must use Chained or Adv. for whatever your using in Traktor.

Tech Convert

They're not in wrong, and they aren't bad. I can't test for voltage at the LEDs, because they have power there all the time.. I'm not sure what to do and am starting to worry that maybe I broke something

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LEDKid View Post
    They're not in wrong, and they aren't bad. I can't test for voltage at the LEDs, because they have power there all the time.. I'm not sure what to do and am starting to worry that maybe I broke something
    Hence the name LEDKid

Tech Convert

Shouldn't the headphone LEDs, at least, illuminate when the button is pressed? I'm using the 1.4 mappings. I noticed in disco mode these LEDs don't light up either, and in the videos I've seen, they don't light up on anyone else's in disco mode.

Tech Convert

Here is a pic of the LEDs that don't light up in disco or during use...

Tech Guru

I've had my fair share of output trouble,
    Try this, Instead of mapping an output for the specific control. In the Add Out... menu, find "output" its at the bottom of the drop down menu. Map the non working keys to "Beat Phase monitor" and set them to deck A. This output plays along with the beat of a song. So then play a song on A and see if it works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast