Do lots of people grow out of the VCI-100? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    really? you can't find a use for them outside of the original intention?
    Nothing that I wouldn't rather use an encoder, a button or a fader for. They are cool it's just a lot of room taken up on the controller for one function.

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    but then if you want to do any movement of the track, for example finding your mix in point, you HAVE to have set load and cue markers throughout every track. Either that or bury your face in your laptop before every mix.
    I always throw a load marker on the first beat of a phrase when I beatgrid tracks and one of my favourite features in traktor is the ability to phrase jump so unless I'm offsetting the phrase somehow that's not really an issue.

Even if I didn't I'd rather use an encoder to scrub through the track. A jog wheel just takes up a lot of room in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Nothing that I wouldn't rather use an encoder, a button or a fader for. They are cool it's just a lot of room taken up on the controller for one function.
    how about setting an effects chain, something like phaser > beatmasher > delay and linking the jogwheel to the amounts on all 3, but set different sensitivities/acceleartions on each (maybe in relative mode) so when you spin you get a build up or something. and by running relative mode it will behave different based on how quick/slow you spin it?

just thinking out loud...

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

I seriously love mine, especially with arcade buttons, and simply can't see me outgrowing it...

Personally I wouldn't want / need any more buttons.

I'm yet to year a 4 deck mash up set that makes any good record sound better than just playing it. mashing music for the sake of it is not always the thing to do.

Echo/Slicer buttons on the VCI are a god send, love how the jog wheels effect the freeze and parameters (NB this is a fantastic and tactile use of the Jogs IMO).

Personally I need jog wheels. Scrolling through a track on a knob just wouldn't feel right.

VCI is also the perfect size for a controller. I wouldn't sacrifice bigger footprint for more knobs.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    just thinking out loud...
    I don't like effects though, there's a problem for you. :P
    I just want a compact 4 deck mixer style controller with no extras! Why do these companies neglect my needs?

P.S. Yo, maxone. Go listen to the ableton DJ shitmat.

http://soundcloud.com/shitmat/uncle-...sh-up-da-place

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post

P.S. Yo, maxone. Go listen to the ableton DJ shitmat.

http://soundcloud.com/shitmat/uncle-...sh-up-da-place
    Is that a joke? I f*ckin hated it... Kind of exactly what i'm talking about.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Breakcore is the best music after classical.

wtf?

theeeey'reee heeeerreee...

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Mentor

I mean, if there ever was a time to get VCI-100 MK1, now would be it. Since later one they might not be so easy to come by...

2X1s also sounds intriguing...

Tech Wizard

^^ I'll say

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123