speaker connection help
    Tech Wizard

Default speaker connection help

hey guys i recently got my hands on a pair of podium powered speakers and a mixer package this one to be exact
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Karaoke-Pro-Audio-Speakers-PP1204CASET/dp/B00415SYEY"]Amazon.com: 1 Pair of New Karaoke PA DJ Band 12" Pro Audio MP3 Powered Active 1200 Watt Speakers, Mixer, Stands, Cables and Mic PP1204CASET: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41hsnGDNo0L.@@AMEPARAM@@41hsnGDNo0L[/ame]

however i was having alittle trouble figuring out how to hook it up to my ddm4000 mixer. at first i was just planning to run xlr cables from my ddm to the speaker and that would be it without using the included mixer console which i felt would have been redundant connecting a ddm mixer to another mixer, however it came with a paper saying to not connect the speakers to a powered amp/mixer. so i was wondering how i would go about connecting these speakers to my mixer and would i have to use the included mixer console at all if anything. thanks guys

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

you can plug the mixer straight in, just take it easy with the master vol (the same way you should every time you use a mixer actually)

Tech Wizard

so just plugging it straight into the ddm would be suffice? and also what would be the purpose of the included mixer they threw into the package?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

well, it's a karaoke combo. you would plug the mics and audio source there without needing to buy anything else.

btw, technically it's a mixing console, not a mixer.

Tech Wizard

Your ddm isnt a powered mixer. Powered mixers have an amp built into the mixer, the same way as your powered speakers. Powered mixer into powered speakers equals over powered.
    You could run your ddm through the mixing console if you like. That would give you an extra eq to help tune the room.Also really handy for outboard effects like compressors etc.
    Last edited by djrosco; 01-25-2011 at 07:23 PM.