Been DJing for a while, want an external mixer, HELP!

Default Been DJing for a while, want an external mixer, HELP!

Hi there, I've read the blog for ages and stuff, but never posted, but now i need advice, I've been using Traktor Duo, an Audio 4 DJ and a Novation Nocturn for a while now, but i hate the feeling of the internal mixing with my Nocturn setup. I know how to use a more 'analogue' system (i was taught to DJ on CDJs) but I dont really want to use timecode, just an external mixer, and then an X1 when i have the funds. I live in the UK, and have a very limited budget as i am saving up for Uni next year, so... all suggestions welcome tbh!

There was a post a while back with some reviews of good budget mixers, you might have read it already, incase you havent:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/12/1...ngle-out-there

i read it, but in all honesty i'm no further on, loads of those mixers, when i look them up, are down on shops websites as 'battle mixers' and i'm a minimal DJ, far from battling tbh :/ and anything after the first two are out of my budget, as well as the prices i'm seeing for the second hand ones, because all of them are way overpriced compared to what the recommended price for them second hand was...

Ecler Nuo 2.0 is what I use. Simple, has FX outs if you want to expand a little, AND it has HUUUGGGE knobs. Which is something I personally look for because they just seem like they make life easier. I picked mine up for $150 'used' (bought and played with for like a week and traded in. Probably by someone who liked DJ hero but hated DJ'ing) at GC.

I think it's a really good entry level mixer if you can find it at the right price.

I also recommend Stanton mixers. I used to have a cheap $80 Stanton and it did the trick until I got bored of it. Problem is that they're plastic and just feel cheapy. Had it for about 2 years of heavy scratching/beat juggling stuff and the fader kept up so yeah. They're alright if you wanna be kind to your wallet.
    Last edited by OhNoNolan; 01-24-2011 at 09:23 PM.

I'll have a look for a second hand Ecler, if not i'll see about something by Stanton, anything to avoid specifically?

pretty much every 2 channel mixer is put down as a "battle mixer"

oh okay, i'm assuming longer faders and a longer crossfader, and bigger knobs would be better for mixing as opposed to scratching though? i've been so used to just using a laptop and a controller i havent a clue about mixers, any recommendations, or even better, is anyone from the UK selling a good 2 channel mixer?