What do you think about uploading tunes to youtube?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What do you think about uploading tunes to youtube?

Do you guys approve of people uploading tunes that aren't theirs onto youtube?

I say this because I just uploaded a video/song to youtube, and then afterwards thought about the legality of such a thing. I mean, it's not my song, but it's in low quality. Though I did find the clipart for the "video" portion, and then threw some effects on. So it "could" be considered a soundtrack.

Is this alright, or is it "against the rules" persay?

I just uploaded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5cZpWqxR7s
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post
    Do you guys approve of people uploading tunes that aren't theirs onto youtube?

I say this because I just uploaded a video/song to youtube, and then afterwards thought about the legality of such a thing. I mean, it's not my song, but it's in low quality. Though I did find the clipart for the "video" portion, and then threw some effects on. So it "could" be considered a soundtrack.

Is this alright, or is it "against the rules" persay?

I just uploaded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5cZpWqxR7s
    Wooo boy here we go......

IMHO probably not the best idea. usually a soundtrack would go to a movie not really a clip slide show. though it is nice when im looking for a random song that i can usally find it on you tube. lol i would never use it in a set but nice to able to find new music this way. & since beatport only plays the main parts of tracks, i still like to hear the intro, for mixing purposes.
    Acer 1803T - Abelton Live 8 - Audio 2 DJ - Korg Micro X - M-Audio USB - KRK Rockit Monitors - Dell Xeon Desktop - Sony MDR headphones - Fruity loops - Acid Pro - Sound Forge

Lotsa people do this on soundcloud as well. I'm staying outa this one
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    Lotsa people do this on soundcloud as well. I'm staying outa this one
    how do they do it on soundcloud? do u mean via dj mix? or like the example from OP?
    Acer 1803T - Abelton Live 8 - Audio 2 DJ - Korg Micro X - M-Audio USB - KRK Rockit Monitors - Dell Xeon Desktop - Sony MDR headphones - Fruity loops - Acid Pro - Sound Forge

copies of the original tracks. get lots of ppl trying to sneak these through to our group. not cool.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

The way I work:
    Browse for tunes at BeatPort and put the ones I like at hold.
    Then I look up the full tracks at youtube and if I like the whole track (and not just that little piece thats up on BP) I buy it, If the track is shit (except for those short 16 bars before the BP-preview ends) I dont buy it.
    In that way I dont waste my money on halfass tracks that wont get played.

So personally, I love the people that upload the tracks to youtube.

Tech Guru

i like it, youtube is a great tool for digging now because of it.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Yechnically it's against the rules and it's possible youtube will block the video.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yeah I mean it's in an entire "gray area" if you will.

Personally, I use youtube to search around and FIND a lot of stuff that I probably wouldn't otherwise be exposed to. It's amazing just how following links will lead you to some crazy music.

That being said, I totally understand if someone flags something for removal. I mean, it's all fair. But until that point, innocent until proven guilty if you will?

I don't fully agree with hosting high quality audio on youtube. I like the fact that it's low quality, because it gives people a real reason to BUY the track rather than just rip it. Because everyone knows youtube audio quality sucks mostly.

I imagine there are some people who just rip youtube audio and don't think anything of it. But those people? I doubt they would be buying shit anyhow, even if ripping stuff off youtube wasn't an option.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post
    I don't fully agree with hosting high quality audio on youtube. I like the fact that it's low quality, because it gives people a real reason to BUY the track rather than just rip it. Because everyone knows youtube audio quality sucks mostly
    This mainly

I only upload my material anyway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast