Controllers in the booth
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Controllers in the booth

I know this has been a topic before, but I am the farthest thing from a Pioneer fanboy. Most clubs look down on Traktor, let alone bringing in your own controller (in my case the S4). Should I bring the controller to the gig without asking or ask beforehand, where the owner might say no?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Sometimes it's easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

why do cd fans act like they were vinyl purists? something i'll never understand

Bring your own gear, use CDJ's as a drink holder.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I have not encountered such a problem.

If you're spinning anything but Hip Hop and if you can pull it of, it might be the best course of action to politely insinuate that he's falling behind the times and that everything from illegal after-hours parties and raves to 5000+ person top40 nights in big cities allow the DJ to use controllers…'cuz in a lot of places they do. If he feels like he's stagnating, he might be more likely to let you do whatever you want.

On the other hand, if you offend him in doing it, he'll certainly take it out on you…which would suck. Whether you can do it eloquently enough and whether he's receptive to that kind of manipulation are questions we can't answer for you.

I was thinking of making a stand for the S4 to sit on top of that would slide between the sides of a CDJ 2000 that was collapsable, and then nobody would even question me having it since I didn't have to move any equipment around.

that would work. also if there is a TT or two there, put the cover on and rest your gears on those.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

i would leave the cargo ship (S4) at home and use the tugboat (X1) and bring a Audio2

Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Mentor

Never been a problem, it is useless to ask in advance, managers-owners from established venues will tell you bring whatever you need for your performance it does not make any difference as long your performance is good.

or just bring an x1 and audio 4 with the timecode discs/ cables, and have the fanciest controllers you can have for Traktor :P
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast