does anyone still use virtual dj? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Guru

I switched from VDJ to Traktor, won't be looking back either.

Tech Mentor

I was gonna say something like "Virtual DJ is an also-ran."

However, I just looked at the sales rankings at Thomann (a major European retailer). In their sales charts for category "DJ Soft and Hardware," NI-related products take the top 3 spots. They also dominate the charts overall. But interestingly, there are no less than 3 products which come bundled with Virtual DJ. Also interesting is that Serato is strangely absent from current rankings (only 1 related product within the top 10). However, Serato has a strong showing in their "Hall of Fame" (sorta long-time sales charts I guess).

Anyways, it seems likely that Virtual DJ has a very large install base. It's still being bundled with entry-level hardware A LOT.

sadly, VDJ won't get you the bitches. Very reasonable piece of software though, you can still rock the place with it.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

LOL

DO like the overlapping waveforms though...Even with the 4 decks and 4 colours.
    Last edited by bcondemi; 01-26-2011 at 07:54 AM.

I use VDJ and I guess I'm part of that 3% of canadians. I used to use vdj3 back when it came out and got away from djing (not because of vdj lol) when I came back to it, virtual DJ was my choice. Hasn't given me a reason to not want to use it. Solid software

I fiddled around with Traktor but my comfort it still Virtual DJ, I use both but usually Virtual DJ more often that Traktor, i dunno i find the interface much easier to work with than Traktor or that could just be because i'm a noob haha
    |Numark Mixtrack | Numark DJ-iO | Apple MacBook Pro 13'' | Sennheiser HD-280 PRO Headphones|

Quote Originally Posted by bcondemi View Post
    According to the VDJ site, 46% users of VDJ are located in Europe. (i.e. Germany, France , Italy , etc. ) whereas USA account for 10% of VDJ software users and here in Canada only 3%. It seems it's more popular oversees than here in north America. Canadian clubs (Toronto) all use serato (from what I've seen and speaking to other dj's.).They all say ' Serato is the only real dj software and most have never heard of VDJ...hence the 3%.
    I'll admit myself however, I started with VDJ before it was VDJ years ago (when it was Atomix). Don't use it anymore but would be interesting to know how many other users on this forum still use VDJ? Or switched over to Traktor?

BC

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/images/attach/jpg.gif
    It's mainly only the older club DJs that use serato, most of the younger DJs, i.e. teens - early 20s, use Traktor. Oh and of-course Hip-Hop DJs use Serato.

Actuallymost ppl who use Serato that i've talked to only use it because they grew up with it, and are too far in their career to check out other programs to switch to. Last week I was spinning at a club where this radio DJ was spinning with me, and he uses Serato, anyway I had my X1 with timecode control, and I put a loops and beatmashing and FX, and he was like :eek: how'd you do that? and I was like, the X1, you can get it for serato, and he was like, man I'm too old to learn all this controller stuff. (and he was only like 34)
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

I use VDJ and I guess I'm part of that 3% of canadians. I used to use vdj3 back when it came out and got away from djing (not because of vdj lol) when I came back to it, virtual DJ was my choice. Hasn't given me a reason to not want to use it. Solid software

Tech Wizard

I use Virtual DJ 7.0 with a Hercules RMX controller and I live in So Cal not Europe. I guess I haven't switch to Traktor because of my giant database of que points and pain the ass it would be to recreate all the que points in Traktor but then again, I'm not a club DJ. I really don't see a difference, either you can mix or you can't,either you play have good ear for music or you don't, the software is just another tool.

The software IS just another tool.

I don't buy into it all - but NI have got the best marketing by FAR. They're associated with a whole bunch of great (and not so great) DJ's.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast