In Ear Plugs VS Headphones - What? I can't hear you!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default In Ear Plugs VS Headphones - What? I can't hear you!

Last week I was playing at a club and this has been big time DJ came in and was supposed to share the booth with me, tag teaming back and forth.

The first thing on his agenda was to crank up the volume to "ear juices buzzing your balance into fucking hell". I asked him to please keep it down a notch, there weren't that many people in the club yet but he insisted that was the way to get the party started... oh dear lord.

Anyway, I had my In Ear Plugs with me and I've tried them out before but didn't feel safe with them, I wanted to hear what was going on outside, properly.

I realized my mistake this time when I plugged them in on a low level, keeping the volume high enough for me to be able to hear what playing but low enough to not be totally disconnected from the dancefloor.

That night, for the first time ever after a gig I came home without any ringing in my ears. The idiot DJ got his maniac volume, I got to keep my hearing and my question to you is...

What do you use?

I really recommend you to try this. I'm of course talking about real "ear pluggish" type of plugs, not the typical iPod ones, like these.

Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

Tech Mentor

dj stryke uses a pair of high end shures. they are super nice and custom fitted.
    ive been thinking about getting a pair of maudios... wont be until i get a new laptop and soundcard.

Tech Convert

Talking about earphones, I was searching for the ultimate wireless in-earphones and found the Sennheiser MX W1:

Read one of the reviews here:
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2282771,00.asp

It's rather expensive though!
    2403.bandcamp.com . Cubase6 . Traktor Pro 2

Tech Wizard

I switched to in-ear monitors as well. I think that messing with giant headphones through an entire set is distracting. I plug in one monitor and make all adjustments on the mixer. it's descrete and manageable

on the flipside, giant headphones have always been a defining feature of a DJ though.

S.

Tech Guru

I like giant headphones, but I will probably get some In-Ears in the end for my eardrums sake.

I usually use my trusty Technics DJ1200's. But speaking of giant headphones check these bad boys out. Look kinda weird but I <3 em anyway. Def stand out ;]

i dont think i can use ear plugs.....mainly becuase they end up not fitting my ear properly and would end up falling out.....i have the same problem with ipod head phones....so i just stick with the traditional dj head phones

Quote Originally Posted by midian View Post
    I like giant headphones, but I will probably get some In-Ears in the end for my eardrums sake.

I usually use my trusty Technics DJ1200's. But speaking of giant headphones check these bad boys out. Look kinda weird but I <3 em anyway. Def stand out ;]
    heh its you!
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Dj Far: How can they not fit your ear? They always come with 3-4 different sets of sizes and they are made out of soft plastic/silicone. I don't understand what kind of alien ears you have
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

oh i definitely have to get one of theese, so i can keep my awesome hat all the time... it was life question, to be or not to be i.e. wear headphones or hat during the mix

i am considering buying in-ears as my next set of cans... if you can even call them that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast