Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions. - Page 13
Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

I know it was in S4 software and TP2 not sure about duo, and not at home or I would check TP1. Check NI's feature comparison chart it might tell you.

Tech Convert

Question... how can i map my X1 so i can control c + d or just c as sample decks and still use it to control a+b as standard decks? as far as mapping goes i know sweet f.a so any help would be much appreciated
    3 cdj 400s, djm 700, efx 1000, tpro, control x1 and krk 6 Gs

Hey, hello. I have a problem with the mapping process of my traktor 2. I tried a lot of ways but I’m really desperate because I can’t find a solution.
    FIRST. I would like to mapping the buttons to increase and decrease the loop size.
    SECOND. I would like to mapping the buttons to move of position the loop.
    I hope you can help me.

Tech Student

Default mpk mini

does anyone have any experiance with mapping an mpk mini over a s4 that could lend me some help??

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by djackie View Post
    Question... how can i map my X1 so i can control c + d or just c as sample decks and still use it to control a+b as standard decks? as far as mapping goes i know sweet f.a so any help would be much appreciated
    The best way is to map all (C-D) function through MIDI mode, so u can easily switch on the fly from regular (NHL) mode, to control of sampledecks

Tech Student

Default sample decks

hey guys

first i cannot say how much i appreciate threads like this. great work! unfortunately as threads get longer thing tend to get very specific on posts and "the big news" cede.

so here's one. with traktor's new update to version 2.1.1 they implemented something really cool which will reduce the amount of buttons you need and make your life much easier.

in the command section for the sample decks you can find two new options: primary play and secondary play.

how to map them:

choose a button, i call it "b" [for button ]
    choose another button, i call it "s" [shift]

"s" will be set as a modifier in hold functionality

set "primary play" to ["b" - "s"] [modifier = 0]
    set "secondary play" to ["b" + "s"]

assign both to the same sampledeck and repeat the process for any desired decks.

so what will happen?

it is pretty dope, believe me

if the slot is empty ["b" - "s"] will load a sample in the size of the selected loop-lengh from the deck directly above

if the slot is empty ["b" + "s"] will load a sample from the browser

if the slot is playing ["b" - "s"] will mute the deck

if the slot is playing ["b" + "s"] will stop the deck

if the deck is stopped ["b" - "s"] will start the deck

if the deck is stopped ["b" + "s"] will clear the deck

this leaves plenty of room for out-command "mute" combined with the modifier "sample-deck-state" = playing/loaded/empty. (my denon mc 6000 supports bright and dim...and blinking leds )

i hope this hepls. if any questions arise, don't hesitate!

cheers
    Last edited by grollsn; 10-11-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grollsn View Post
    hey guys

first i cannot say how much i appreciate threads like this. great work! unfortunately as threads get longer thing tend to get very specific on posts and "the big news" cede.

so here's one. with traktor's new update to version 2.1.1 they implemented something really cool which will reduce the amount of buttons you need and make your life much easier.
    that's a pretty epic first post! thanks for the info - that looks pretty bloody useful! i kept meaning to have a look at what those primary/secondary controls were really for
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Guru

This may be a premature question, but I was looking through other mappings and can't figure this out entirely.

I want to set 8 hotcues for deck A and B on my maschine controller.

I know how to set the hotcues and it was stated in this thread.

I don't know how to make an led active when a hotcue is stored...?

I also dont know how to set a shift button to toggle and delete the hotcues...?

Finally, do people prefer to have their hotcues play when pressed or do you like to have a dedicated play button to start and then juggle hotcues?

edit: found a good solution to the problem on page 9 but don't know how to make a led modifier/how to set it up.
    Last edited by Rukks; 10-12-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    This may be a premature question, but I was looking through other mappings and can't figure this out entirely.

I want to set 8 hotcues for deck A and B on my maschine controller.

I know how to set the hotcues and it was stated in this thread.

I don't know how to make an led active when a hotcue is stored...?

I also dont know how to set a shift button to toggle and delete the hotcues...?

Finally, do people prefer to have their hotcues play when pressed or do you like to have a dedicated play button to start and then juggle hotcues?

edit: found a good solution to the problem on page 9 but don't know how to make a led modifier/how to set it up.
    * create a modifier like M1 that gets set to 1 when u are holding down your shift button, so "add in > modifiers > M1" and use learn as usual

then for each of your hot cue buttons...

* add the condition M1=0 to "select_set_store_hotcue"

* add the condition M1=1 to "delete_hotcue"

* for led feedback u map "hotcue_X_state"

if i have a lit hotcue button then i use it to trigger the hot cue and if empty it maps it - probably what most people do - esp since thats what the "select_set_..." behavour is.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Student

Post basic stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    This may be a premature question...
    there are no studip questions, only stupid answers

you might want to check this link! it's a very basic version of traktor bible (by all means one of the most influential pieces of literature of the decade) and covers a very useful range of stuff.

couldn't put it in as an attachment as it is too big so i have to take the less elegant way:

http://foren.musik-meyer.net/vestax/...f186cc7f75d8b7

@zestoi: i had no time to get involved here as i was mapping every night for two years now

cheers
    Traktor Pro 2, Sony Vaio i3, Denon MC-6000, NI Kontrol X1, 2x Technics 1210, 2x Pioneer cdj 100