Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions. - Page 2
Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

NO mapping thread would be complete without ArmyofMe4340's video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMbsAIBs3uE

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    NO mapping thread would be complete without ArmyofMe4340's video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMbsAIBs3uE
    +1 That video really kind of made a light bulb click for me.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this thread. Just throwing my 2 cents in there if I had a new innovative idea to throw up I would.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Throw some questions up guys.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

thanks vangogo!
    nice collection you have there, dont worry about the format.
    Maybe If the thread starts rolling we could make an article out of it for the main page.
    So not only forum members with mapping questions see it.
    just a thought for the future.

Tech Guru

My Free Book On Traktor MIDI Mapping will be Updated Weekly
    Download here

alright, looks to be the first question in this thread...

i have a Numark Mixtrack and an Akai MPD26 just came in the mail today. what i'm trying to set up right now is having deck A and B controlled with the Mixtrack, including cues/hotcues/etc for those decks. decks C and D i would like to set up to control hot cues like sample decks with pre-put-together tracks that are just sets of 8 samples in a row that i jump around with hot cues, if that makes any sense, using the MPD26. the MPD26 would also be used for deleting hot cues on all 4 decks, faders and knobs for effects/filters, etc.

so, i finally figured out how to map the hot cues for the sample decks on C and D with the MPD26, but now when i press the assigned button to set or delete a cue in one of those it does the sample action on the same hot cue number in deck a for c, and b for d. why is it doing this and does anyone know what i did wrong so i can change it so the hot cues are only controlled on c/d and not a/b simultaneously. i changed everything on the Mixtrack so it's on CC#1, and all controls on the MPD26 are on CC#2, so it's not a matter of overlapping controllers.

Tech Mentor

@Tombruton, as far as im concerned you can add these tips and tutorials to your book, mine at least. you could ask vangogo, about his.
    I scrolled thru your book. looks very good!

Hi there trying to use maping for mpd24 like Tom B But it conflics with my midifighter how can i use all without conflics .What i have is tsp 1.2.7 the rest is in my sig any help would be greatly appreciated .Trying to learn to map but for some reason my mpd is sending signal to traktor but is not doing any thing. When I install Toms maping All it does is key and one cue point thats it.
    MBP13",TSP,S4,F1,2TT,ABELTON 8 SUITE,PRO TOOLS 9.(Music Is My Solice)

What are peoples tips on how to approach mapping (sorry if this has been answered in vids, i cant see them at work).

I started mapping last night and seem to realise its best for me (unless i'm missing something0 to split the sections of the mapping into there own tsi's. I set up a deck a tsi a deck b tsi and a global tsi. This way i could then duplicate just my A to make a B and i could do the same with A to make a C etc ... Ive read somewhere there is a tsi merger if i remember right so i can put them all together once ive finished.

Am i along the right tracks or am is there some wonderful functionality i have missed somewhere?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast