Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions. - Page 3
Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

Hi all !!!
    Whether to me my controler clearly, truly works in "loop FX section".
    The knob operates "loop out". But after all I can operate "loop out" with buttons "loop\2" and "loop x2."
    Actually question: how to correct a config that loop fx section supervised "loop in"???

Sorry for my bad english.

Tech Guru

Default hey

Hey download a copy of my book the answer with screen shots is there. Its on the F&Q page at the end of the book under the heading, I have two controllers and they seem to beconflicting?

Quote Originally Posted by deejaygee View Post
    Hi there trying to use maping for mpd24 like Tom B But it conflics with my midifighter how can i use all without conflics .What i have is tsp 1.2.7 the rest is in my sig any help would be greatly appreciated .Trying to learn to map but for some reason my mpd is sending signal to traktor but is not doing any thing. When I install Toms maping All it does is key and one cue point thats it.

AWWW....cheers Squire!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    Ive read somewhere there is a tsi merger if i remember right so i can put them all together once ive finished.
    ?
    The TSi merger doesn't work anymore.
    It was made for an older version of traktor. since then NI changed the TSI codes.

Quote Originally Posted by joostiisme View Post
    the tsi merger doesn't work anymore.
    It was made for an older version of traktor. Since then ni changed the tsi codes.
    your frikkin jokin!! Nooo!!!
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Mentor

I think it only works for 1.1.1

Question Slam for X1

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    Throw some questions up guys.
    Hi,

Have tried a number of Tsi's lately and am settling on a configuration for the X1 that copes with most of what I want to do. However...

I want to remap the FX1 FX2 buttons below deck A and Deck B browser buttons as follows, and I'm having a hell of a time for reasons that will become clear:

Basic Mode: Deck A

FX1: Slam crossfader left - so when I hit it, the crossfader, from wherever it is along the crossfade path jumps immediately to full Deck A, and stays there after I release the button.

FX2: Gradual crossfade that moves the crossfader (at a reasonable rate, but not too fast) toward the Deck A side, from wherever it is on the crossfade path. When I touch the button it should move only while I have the button held down, and then remain where it stops when I release the button.

Shift Mode: Deck A - as for NI Standard map, unchanged.

Basic Mode: Deck B

FX1 - Gradual crossfade that moves the crossfader (at a reasonable rate, but not too fast) toward the Deck B side, from wherever it is on the crossfade path. When I touch the button it should move only while I have the button held down, and then remain where it stops when I release the button.

FX2 - Slam crossfader right - so when I hit it, the crossfader, from wherever it is along the crossfade path jumps immediately to full Deck B, and stays there after I release the button.

Shift Mode Deck B: as for NI Standard map, unchanged.

To cover the loss of functionality, I'd thought of having the Top LHS Deck A FX1 'on' button act so that if I push it, it activates FX1 for both deck A&B (I use chained mode only so this button's doing nothing and is not lit up or triggering anything as far as I can tell.

Same approach for the Top RHS Deck B FX2 'on' button, so it activates FX2 on both deck A&B.

Apologies for the big post, but thought it better to fully describe what I'm trying to achieve.

what I can't get my head around is the crossfader gradual movement and position stop upon release, the slam (is it possible?) and having two targets (FX1 on deck A&B turn on / off) but with only 1 button mapped to it.

any assistance gratefully recieved

Cheers,

Drex

Quote Originally Posted by drex View Post
    what I can't get my head around is the crossfader gradual movement and position stop upon release, the slam (is it possible?) and having two targets (FX1 on deck A&B turn on / off) but with only 1 button mapped to it.
    add an in for the x fader for each your slam buttons, set it to 'button' and 'direct' then see what putting in different values gives you. I don't know for sure but it could be 0 for left and 1 for right, then decimals in between.

as for a gradual move, you want the same command but instead of 'direct' map one to 'inc' (increase) and the other to 'dec' (decrease) then play with the resolution options.

I can't remember the name of the command for FX bank targeting but it should be pretty self evident in the 'IN' options, then just make 2 copies of that command, one for deck A and one for deck B. Set it to toggle mode as it wil probably default to hold.

This is a mixture of memory and guesswork so don't blame me if I'm wrong!

P.S. are you sure you want to activate all your effects on BOTH decks at the same time? That would stop you from using them for transitions since you'd be affecting both tracks. Wouldn't it be better to activate both FX1 and FX2 one deck at a time?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Thumbs up Fullenglishpint Wisdom

Hi Fullenglishpint,

Thanks for the reply, I'll have a go with the suggestions you've made, I guess you can understand why it's not that clear with the crossfader stuff.

What I'm ultimately trying to get to with this idea is being able to slam to A or B for a quick cut, but also to hold A or B and slam across to the other deck to do a kind of manual stutter cut.., so I'd hold the deck the track was playing on then punch the other deck, get a quick cut, and while holding both decks 'on' the crossfader will stay at the deck it just moved to. Whichever deck slam I release, the crossfader jumps to the deck with the held button.

Can't wait to try this with some Psytrance for builds and quick cut stuff.

On the FX switching, you're right. That's how I like to do some effected transitions, so I guess what I need is actually to map the Top LHS Deck A FX1 'on' to turn on FX1 and FX2 for Deck A, and map the Top RHS Deck B FX2 'on' to turn on FX1 and FX2 for Deck B. Then trans would be easy (don't misinterpret that last statement).

So, how do you do use one controller button to activate two FX buttons with one button press?

Thanks for your help, if anyone else has ideas, I'm all ears

Cheers,

Drex

This is a great thread. It is very helpful. I have learned so much over the past few hours of mapping my s4 and my midi fighter.

Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast