Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions. - Page 56
Page 56 of 92 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

hey djtt
    i have a question. im tryin to map effects on a hecules 4mx. i want to map 4 buttons to turn mixer efects on 1-4 and also act as modifiers so i can use my eqs to control parameters of each effect bank 1-4.i will use 4 toggle modifiers but how can i map the same on deck b without it being conflicting or using more modifiers

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kellier View Post
    hey djtt
    i have a question. im tryin to map effects on a hecules 4mx. i want to map 4 buttons to turn mixer efects on 1-4 and also act as modifiers so i can use my eqs to control parameters of each effect bank 1-4.i will use 4 toggle modifiers but how can i map the same on deck b without it being conflicting or using more modifiers
    Add new generic device.

Tech Convert

thanks for the quick reply
    what do you mean? can it not be done with 1 controller im new to mapping and im totally stuck, if i map the 4 toggle modifiers to the same buttons as mixer effect buttons 1-4 on deck a when i do the same on deck b when i press the buttons it turns mixer effects on when modifier state= 0 ? is there a way to configure the modifier to work properly

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post

Here are all the parameters I've used in vid if you are interested to map it for your controllers:

Here's a how to video I did on this a while back.
    Last edited by VanGogo; 01-17-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kellier View Post
    thanks for the quick reply
    what do you mean? can it not be done with 1 controller im new to mapping and im totally stuck
    Yes. You can add multiple devices and map it all to just one controller. It's the only way to add another eight modifiers to tsi.

if i map the 4 toggle modifiers to the same buttons as mixer effect buttons 1-4 on deck a when i do the same on deck b when i press the buttons it turns mixer effects on when modifier state= 0 ? is there a way to configure the modifier to work properly
    Not sure what you're trying here...

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    Here's a how to video I did on this a while back.
    Nice! My buddy sent me your video and asked me to help him map it to his Axiom 25 and since I don't have one I made this video wit full range of key adjustment for a thread in general discussion where I've looked for help on achieving this - no luck thought.

Just shared it here as well if somebody find it useful. Now with your 'how to' it's all in loop

Stewe I have a TSI of just the key parameters by themselves (no other mapping commands) mapped to my Oxygen 49, your friend would still have to hit learn and change all the CC's to his Axiom though. I think I have a small video on how to do this with the TSI, as I did this for someone on YouTube who couldn't figure it out. Hit me up if you want them.

Tech Convert

il try to explain because maybe you know an easier way of mapping what i want.
    so i have 8 buttons i would like to map,4 on deck a and 4 on deck b,i want each 4 buttons to act as the 4 buttons for effects on each channel in traktors mixer. i also want when i press any of those buttons to be a toggle modifier to allow me to controll the effects parameters in the effect bank corresponding to the button pressed with my eq knobs. i hope this makes sense to you.

Make more sense now. You are looking for four bank modifier mapping: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=55271

After you map each of four values to unit on buttons make sure to follow modifier values for each unit and add it in modifier condition slots for corresponding FX unit.

Tech Convert

thanks man il have a look now