Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions. - Page 7
Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Goravedj View Post
    Hey guys,

I have recently purchased the VCI 100Mk2 and i am facing a lot of problems.
    there is lot of mapping problems with traktor and vci100mk2...dont know wat the problem is. th2 traktor stops responding to the actions of controller to one side of the deck.
    i have re-installed Traktor software more than 10 times, re-installed my Mac os twice but the problem is persistent. NI says they do not offer support on LE and disappointed me, vestax says to contact NI...really confused what to do..
    can anyone help.
    the same problem is happening in windows too. it was working fine for initial 2-3weeks and then this problem has started.
    pls help if any of u can....
    If this happens on 2 different OS installs I would think it is the controller or maybe the usb cable. Does the controller use a power supply? Could also be low power I strictly using USB power.
    Last edited by VanGogo; 04-12-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Has anyone mapped the SAMPLE DECK section of traktor 2 to the APC40? I've mapped everything but that section. I need some advice or help. my goal is to map the APC 40 as close as I can to the S4 with my own flava of course

Tech Convert

With Trakor Pro 2 how can I map...

Sample Deck C Slot 1 play
    Sample Deck C Slot 2 play
    Sample Deck C Slot 3 play
    Sample Deck C Slot 4 play

Sample Deck D Slot 1 play
    Sample Deck D Slot 2 play
    Sample Deck D Slot 3 play
    Sample Deck D Slot 4 play

I have tried to learn the button and set the options to load up in the right sample slot and have managed to get 1 working and when trying the same thing but next slot, I can never get another one to work.
    I really want to assign these buttons to my AKAI MPD 24 so i can use it for effects and and samples

Quote Originally Posted by Leetx View Post
    With Trakor Pro 2 how can I map...

Sample Deck C Slot 1 play
    Sample Deck C Slot 2 play
    Sample Deck C Slot 3 play
    Sample Deck C Slot 4 play

Sample Deck D Slot 1 play
    Sample Deck D Slot 2 play
    Sample Deck D Slot 3 play
    Sample Deck D Slot 4 play

I have tried to learn the button and set the options to load up in the right sample slot and have managed to get 1 working and when trying the same thing but next slot, I can never get another one to work.
    I really want to assign these buttons to my AKAI MPD 24 so i can use it for effects and and samples
    maybe something in my map can help...
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28845

using sample decks...

Tech Convert

I appreciate the response. I think what I am looking for it a sorta traktor mapping cheat sheet.
    I think someone should make one, that shows traktor software interface and all proper controller management tags that go with each function in the with an arrow or numbered diagram.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Leetx View Post
    I appreciate the response. I think what I am looking for it a sorta traktor mapping cheat sheet.
    I think someone should make one, that shows traktor software interface and all proper controller management tags that go with each function in the with an arrow or numbered diagram.
    Traktor 1

Traktor 2

Hope that helps!

Tech Convert

Default Thanks

Thanks for reply

Quote Originally Posted by joostiisme View Post
    2: is it possible to give a row of LED's a VU meter function? So it moves to the audio level?
    Here's how I did it on my LPD8:
    1.From the controller editor select Add Out < Output < Master Level Left.
    2.Map it to the first LED you want on.
    3.Type of controller should be LED and set interaction mode to output if it isn't already selected.
    4. You're going to want to change controller range from the default values, but first some background on how it works. The controller range is in charge of what values will light up the LED, in this case when the master level left will turn on the LED. With that in mind change the values of controller range from min 0 max 1 to min .25 max .5, now when your levels are anywhere between .25 and .5 it will light up the first LED.
    5.Repeat for the rest of the LEDs you want to map and changing the values of the controller range for the new values you want it to light up as for example the next one would be min .5 max .75
    6. Repeat for Master Level Right.
    6.I also mapped clip to the fourth pad, which is in Add Out < Output < Master Clip Left/ Master Clip Right.

I hope that makes sense, if you don't understand just let me know.

I am trying to map my controller on Traktor 2. My issue is that I have three buttons assigned to different effects. What I want is to be able to also map those same three buttons to be used as kills for the high, mid and low EQ using a modifier. I have the modifier selected and I have mapped a modifier button. But when I hold the modifier and press the button, both the kill and the effect happen. Is there a way where I can make the assignment coming from the modifier the exclusive one. Or when I use modifiers will I always have to chain commands. It seems stupid. I thought that modifiers would be ways to double my control assignments.
    Last edited by purplebootyfox; 05-11-2011 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambriaused View Post
    Has anyone mapped the SAMPLE DECK section of traktor 2 to the APC40? I've mapped everything but that section. I need some advice or help. my goal is to map the APC 40 as close as I can to the S4 with my own flava of course
    you mean press button > loads / press again > start/stop / press with shift > clears it?

done that on dicers

example using modifier 1

on load/play button map;
    mod 1 > direct to 1 / condition m1 = 0
    load from deck [x] / condition m1 = 0
    slot start/stop > toggle / condition m1 = 1

on clear button (with shift)
    mod 1 > direct to 0 / condition m1 = 1 + mod condition for your shift button*
    clear slot / mod condition for you shift button*

for each slot repeat with the next available mod

*used dicer shift button myself

now when you load it will copy the loop from the deck and switch mod to 1, then as mod is 1 the button will start or stop the slot, and holding shift will reset the mod and clear the slot...

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast