Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions. - Page 91
Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Thanks for the response. I mapping the Denon MC7000. Your explanation sounds like a great idea, however im having a hard time wrapping my head around it lol. I've literally been awake doing this for 27 hours. Im good with modifiers but I get lost with leds.

So when you say I need a modifier for each button. Do I need 4 modifiers in total? And do the modifiers get mapped to the specific FX unit buttons im using the engage FX unit ?

Tech Mentor

Hey Stewe can I pay you to do this simple led mapping for the buttons mentioned in this thread. I emailed you too

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Check your inbox dude. I already responded.

Default Help Needed! Pioneer DDJ 400 Traktor Pro 2 Mapping.

Help Needed! Pioneer DDJ 400 Traktor Pro 2 Mapping.

Default Been searching trying to understand... but.... Lost!

Ok so I have the Denon MC6000mk2 have had it about a year.

Love the controller does it's job really nicely. Using it with Serato, it does exactly what you want it to do. Using traktor (just upgraded to pro 3) it also... does exactly what you want it to do... bar two buttons, Play and Cue.

So.

I want it to do the same as Serato in Traktor is my software of choice. Here's a quick run down.

Status 1: If you load a track it loads up paused at the start of the track.
    Serato - CUE is Solid on AND PLAY flashes 'ready to go'
    Traktor - Neither light up.

Status 2: If you Move a Jog Wheel
    Serato - CUE is FLASHING (ready to set new CUE point) play stays Flashing.
    Traktor - Nothing, no lights.

Status 3: If then you hit CUE
    Serato: Goes back to Status 1.
    Traktor: Cue will flash for the time you press it. Then go off.

Status 4: If you press play.
    Serato - CUE is Solid On (ready to return to cue point) and play goes Solid On (Playing/Busy)
    Traktor - Play goes to Solid On (Playing/Busy) CUE - Nothing

In a dark club makes seeing the cue/play buttons kinda tricky. I really like the mixer and how traktor works so have been trying to sort it out but... Yeah... I managed to cure the windows 10 crashing issue it seems but Midi mapping seems a little beyond me... Any chance someone could walk me through getting ONE of the statuses above working? I know if I have my hand held through one I'd understand it and be able to work it out!

Seen lots about setting up LED's for all other functions but not specifically these and... well I don't want to bugger it up... looked through the long thread but was unable to find an answer so.

Oh, I gave the Neural mapping that's up on here a spin as it said it sorted them but.... no luck so far (just seems to work the same as the regular mapping) and Denon won't answer my messages.
    Last edited by SteveCox; 03-02-2019 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCox View Post
    Ok so I have the Denon MC6000mk2 have had it about a year.

Love the controller does it's job really nicely. Using it with Serato, it does exactly what you want it to do. Using traktor (just upgraded to pro 3) it also... does exactly what you want it to do... bar two buttons, Play and Cue.

So.

I want it to do the same as Serato in Traktor is my software of choice. Here's a quick run down.

Status 1: If you load a track it loads up paused at the start of the track.
    Serato - CUE is Solid on AND PLAY flashes 'ready to go'
    Traktor - Neither light up.

Status 2: If you Move a Jog Wheel
    Serato - CUE is FLASHING (ready to set new CUE point) play stays Flashing.
    Traktor - Nothing, no lights.

Status 3: If then you hit CUE
    Serato: Goes back to Status 1.
    Traktor: Cue will flash for the time you press it. Then go off.

Status 4: If you press play.
    Serato - CUE is Solid On (ready to return to cue point) and play goes Solid On (Playing/Busy)
    Traktor - Play goes to Solid On (Playing/Busy) CUE - Nothing

In a dark club makes seeing the cue/play buttons kinda tricky. I really like the mixer and how traktor works so have been trying to sort it out but... Yeah... I managed to cure the windows 10 crashing issue it seems but Midi mapping seems a little beyond me... Any chance someone could walk me through getting ONE of the statuses above working? I know if I have my hand held through one I'd understand it and be able to work it out!

Seen lots about setting up LED's for all other functions but not specifically these and... well I don't want to bugger it up... looked through the long thread but was unable to find an answer so.

Oh, I gave the Neural mapping that's up on here a spin as it said it sorted them but.... no luck so far (just seems to work the same as the regular mapping) and Denon won't answer my messages.
    Hi SteveCox

I don't know if we'll be able to check all that boxes but most ow this statuses should be possible with Traktor mapping.
    I'll dl and check that mapping. Will let you know what I find

Default Beatmasher Re-Sample

Hey Stewe,

I have a question about mapping the Beatmasher to my D2 with the new update if you don't mind. Essentially I want it to be mapped to the 4 buttons under the encoders with specified beat values (such as 1 beat on button 1, 1/2 beat on button 2, 1/4 beat on button 3 and 1/8 beat on button 4) and have it re-sample anytime I hit one of the buttons. Essentially I want it to turn the effect off and then back on simultaneously if that makes sense. I would also love it if I could get the buttons to light up based on what beat value the effect is set at.

Thanks for your help dude!

Default Beatmasher Re-Sample

Basically what I have so far is as follows but unfortunately I am unable to re-sample the beatmasher without double tapping and I cannot get the led outs to work, the lights just light up and then stay lit up no matter what,
    Capture.jpgCapture 2.jpgCapture 3.jpg

So basically button 1 turns on the effect and sets modifier 1 to 1 and the led out is supposed to only output if modifier 1 is set to 1 but when I click on button 2 which sets modifier 1 to 2, the led light for button 1 does not turn off

Hey Sarp,

What you need to do is remove modifier assignments on condition 1 slot and set Controller Range as follow:

Button 1: Modifier "Hold" type = 1 (min value = 1 ; max value = 1)
    Button 2: Modifier "Hold" type = 2 (min value = 2 ; max value = 2)
    Button 3: Modifier "Hold" type = 3 (min value = 3 ; max value = 3)
    Button 4: Modifier "Hold" type = 4 (min value = 4 ; max value = 4)

Midi Range is 0 and 127

Invert not ticked
    Blend not ticked

Mapping parameters for the beat masher can be found in Ultimate FX Thread:

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=63445

Also watch this great tutorial by Flashflooder to learn all the basics:

How to: map key adjust to 1 encoder (turn left / right = decrease / increase by 1 semitone)

I've tried to mimick this behavior (starting @ 5m59s):

This seems to work fine (if you keep in the region of -4 and +4):

Demo:
    Current DJ Gear: Kontrol S8 | Denon DN-SC2000 | V-Moda XS / Logitech Z5500
    Past:
    Numark 4TRAK / Kontrol X1 + Z1 + F1 / Novation Twitch / Denon MC3000
    Reloop Jockey 3 Remix / M-Audio Xponent / V-Moda Crossfade LP