Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions. - Page 84
Page 84 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485868788 ... LastLast

awesome...
    Traktor Pro 2.6.8, Ableton Live 9, Allen & Heath Xone:K2, Traktor Kontrol F1, Reloop Contour Interface Edition, Traktor Audio 2, Midi Fighter Twister Asus N56VZ 15" Core i7 rd gen laptop on Windows 10.

Tech Convert

I read this thread (which has helped me tremendously, thank you all) and I didn't see this question covered so forgive me if I missed it somewhere:

I am trying to map one advanced FX chain sequence to one knob on my APC40mkII. How do I trigger a button when the knob is turned beyond a specified percentage?

I have everything else about this all mapped out. I have the latest Traktor, so there's no more "effect amount" command available anymore. I copped the Twisted Gratification mapping and tried to reverse engineer it, but its a huge network of modifiers and Twister-specific functions.

You can see an example of this in Ean's Twisted Gratification promo video starting at the 3:23 mark.

https://youtu.be/m0_Ku9PChlw?t=3m23s

In the immediate two examples, the first two effects are always on but the third effect button only triggers when the other knobs are at or beyond a certain degree.

How do you do this? Is it a trick with modifiers? Is there a mapping command I'm missing?

EDIT: I figured it out like 3 hours after posting that so I thought I'd share the answer.

To trigger another command like a button press with a certain range of a knob -
    1. map a modifier to a knob. set it to relative
    2. divide the range of the knob up by bringing the rotary sensitivity down to about 10-20 (this makes it so the knob moves the modifier count very gradually, and allows you to set its range between 1-8)
    3. map the desired button to the knob. set it to direct
    4. make a copy of desired button for every available modifier value on the knob (if your knob is set to 10% and goes to 3, then you should have 3 copies
    5. Give each button the modifier, and escalate the value for each. (first copy is M1=0, next is M1=1, then M1=2, etc.)
    6. Now each copy of the button triggers when the knob is turned to the range associated with that button's modifier value. For each range that you want the button on, set the buttons value to 1, for off, 0.

This works for any command that you can set to a button command. which makes the possibilities opened up by this command pretty limitless. Right now I'm working on building knobs that select and load whole effect chains!!

Hopefully that was clear. Ask/pm me if anyone needs help/clarification!
    Last edited by zeldaleft; 03-11-2016 at 10:55 AM.

hi would anyone tell me how I can map my control s2 mk1 for using stems thank you

Guys I need help with the following:

Traktor 2.10.013
    Gemini G4V
    Mapping: http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=936

This mapping is the best I have found so far, I did just some smaller adjustments. What I need help for is:

1. Disabling loop do not disable the LED. I wish to have it disabled, if the loop is inactive!
    2. How is it possible to enable/disable vinyl mode?
    3. How is it possible, to browse through the tree? The controller has a back button, works well in Virtual DJ, but no function with Traktor. I made already modifiers that when the back button is hold, the browse knob goes into the tree. But the problem is, all modifers in this mapping are already in use.

Would be great, if we can handle this!

BR
    KC

Note:
    Attached is a MAP I created, share it for everyone!

Gemini-G4V-MIDI-map.jpg

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

1. Add Out > Deck Common > Is In Active Loop

2. It's possible with two "toggle" type modifiers. (Deck A = M1) | (Deck B = M2)

Add in > Modifier 1 / Deck A
    Type=Button
    Mode=Direct
    Value=1
    Condition of M1=0

Add in > Modifier 1 / Deck A
    Type=Button
    Mode=Direct
    Value=0
    Condition of M1=1

Add in > Modifier 2 / Deck B
    Type=Button
    Mode=Direct
    Value=1
    Condition of M2=0

Add in > Modifier 2 / Deck B
    Type=Button
    Mode=Direct
    Value=0
    Condition of M2=1

Basically all you have to do is map this four commands to two buttons. (Vinyl A) | (Vinyl B)

3. You can add another Generic Mapping Device that offers you another set of eight modifiers

@ Stewe:

1. Deck Common - Is in active loop
    This does not work, as this feature effects any loop button. I got 8 and if 'Is in active loop' is setted up, the light turn on on all loop buttons.

2. If my mapping already has all modifiers used, this wont work.

3. Same as 2. or please describe further.

1. I'm looking at your LED mappings and it seem there are quite a lot of modifiers assigned to same MIDI Notes. If there are conflicts between midi signals it would be easier to figure out if I have had a G4V to test your TSI.

2-3. Simple add one more of these. Or more each time you need more modifiers

Untitled.jpg

Does this mean, it is possible to use simultaneously several mapping tables even if the same modifier is used in all mapping tables?

Can you help me out with these issues if we can do a remote session?

Quote Originally Posted by khan.cross View Post
    Does this mean, it is possible to use simultaneously several mapping tables even if the same modifier is used in all mapping tables?
    That's correct.

Quote Originally Posted by khan.cross View Post
    Can you help me out with these issues if we can do a remote session?
    Not really. Not without the controller...

Is there someone who can help me out of this?