Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions. - Page 89
Page 89 of 92 FirstFirst ... 39798586878889909192 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Now scroll down until you find a group of commands labeled "Dry/Wet" and feel free to adjust the value of each individual command to your preference.
    Thank you for your very relevant answer!

I have done what you have said, I have a group under "Control" which says "Dry/Wet Adjust (FX Unit)". However this is a very large group and it's unclear which subset I need to modify.

I think it's just the following set where the "Comment" field only says the name of the FX unit and "Cond1" is like "FX Panel Mode.FX Unit [#]=[Single|Group]", with these attributes? :

- assigned a note
    - modifier of type fx unit modifier
    - value group
    - modifier blank
    - type of controller button
    - interaction mode direct
    - assignment FX Unit [#]
    - button options set to value 1.000

If this is the set in question, then I should assume that 1.0 represents 100%, and if I want my Dry/Wet to be 80%, enter 0.8?

There seems to be something going on in this mapping where some of the effects are simple and match the above. But the others are weird comboFX and they scare me. I feel like I could really break stuff if I modify the wrong set, a little more guidance would be super appreciated.

Edit 1: Fiddling around, I can identify items for the sub-effects on a given panel, but I can't locate the main Dry/Wet for the panel. It seems like my goal is to reduce that knob (in all cases except freeze-delay, which has to be 100% to work) instead of reducing each of the individual sub-knobs... ?

Edit 2 : Aha! Found one, by looking for an effect that sent at 100% and had a value of 1.0. I see now, I have to adjust the Dry/Wet knob value *per effect in that bank* from 100% to 80%. Yay!
    Last edited by Stewe; 02-14-2017 at 04:37 PM.
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomer View Post
    Thank you for your very relevant answer!

I have done what you have said, I have a group under "Control" which says "Dry/Wet Adjust (FX Unit)". However this is a very large group and it's unclear which subset I need to modify.

I think it's just the following set where the "Comment" field only says the name of the FX unit and "Cond1" is like "FX Panel Mode.FX Unit [#]=[Single|Group]", with these attributes? :

- assigned a note
    - modifier of type fx unit modifier
    - value group
    - modifier blank
    - type of controller button
    - interaction mode direct
    - assignment FX Unit [#]
    - button options set to value 1.000

If this is the set in question, then I should assume that 1.0 represents 100%, and if I want my Dry/Wet to be 80%, enter 0.8?

There seems to be something going on in this mapping where some of the effects are simple and match the above. But the others are weird comboFX and they scare me. I feel like I could really break stuff if I modify the wrong set, a little more guidance would be super appreciated.

Edit 1: Fiddling around, I can identify items for the sub-effects on a given panel, but I can't locate the main Dry/Wet for the panel. It seems like my goal is to reduce that knob (in all cases except freeze-delay, which has to be 100% to work) instead of reducing each of the individual sub-knobs... ?

Edit 2 : Aha! Found one, by looking for an effect that sent at 100% and had a value of 1.0. I see now, I have to adjust the Dry/Wet knob value *per effect in that bank* from 100% to 80%. Yay!
    Sounds like you got it!!!

Ive got an APC 40 MK1, running latest version of traktor.

Issue: Im am trying to map four pages to the encoders / knobs section. Switching from page to page, the primary function works fine, i.e... EQ's only work when M8=1, Effects only work when M7 = 1 and so on. I was just wishing the LED feed back would work as well.

When I switch from page to page the LED's keep the same value for the previous page. Example: Knob whatever is mapped to Deck A Mid while on Page 1 (M8=1) LED Value showing Mid level at 11 o clock. Switch to Page 2 Same Knob is mapped to wet/dry FX 1 with value at 0. LED feedback still Showing value at 11 o'clock.

Soft takeover is used so there is no jump, so i have no issue there. However, for one reason I was thinking that encoders are different then Knobs. Knobs have set values, while encoders are continuous, thus, switching from page to page should reset the primary value "and" the LED value.

Is it possible, because these "knobs" are actually encoders, to switch from page to page and have the values reset with each page?

Meaning: Page 1 - Deck A Mid at 11 o'clock - LED Value 11 o'clock

*Switch Page two: Knob now reads Wet/dry at 0 - LED Value 0. Adjust wet/dry to 3 o'clock - LED Value 3 o'clock

*Switch Page 1: Deck A mid 11 o'clock - LED Value 11 o'clock.

No need for soft takeover, as the primary function as well as the LED's only read value of that specific function, because EQ's only working when the proper Modifier = 1

Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks Guys!

Tommy
    "Music is the purest form of art... therefore true poets, they who are seers, seek to express the universe in terms of music... " "Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art." Quotes of wisdom...

Quote Originally Posted by tomii View Post
    Ive got an APC 40 MK1, running latest version of traktor.

Issue: Im am trying to map four pages to the encoders / knobs section. Switching from page to page, the primary function works fine, i.e... EQ's only work when M8=1, Effects only work when M7 = 1 and so on. I was just wishing the LED feed back would work as well.

When I switch from page to page the LED's keep the same value for the previous page. Example: Knob whatever is mapped to Deck A Mid while on Page 1 (M8=1) LED Value showing Mid level at 11 o clock. Switch to Page 2 Same Knob is mapped to wet/dry FX 1 with value at 0. LED feedback still Showing value at 11 o'clock.

Soft takeover is used so there is no jump, so i have no issue there. However, for one reason I was thinking that encoders are different then Knobs. Knobs have set values, while encoders are continuous, thus, switching from page to page should reset the primary value "and" the LED value.

Is it possible, because these "knobs" are actually encoders, to switch from page to page and have the values reset with each page?

Meaning: Page 1 - Deck A Mid at 11 o'clock - LED Value 11 o'clock

*Switch Page two: Knob now reads Wet/dry at 0 - LED Value 0. Adjust wet/dry to 3 o'clock - LED Value 3 o'clock

*Switch Page 1: Deck A mid 11 o'clock - LED Value 11 o'clock.

No need for soft takeover, as the primary function as well as the LED's only read value of that specific function, because EQ's only working when the proper Modifier = 1

Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks Guys!

Tommy
    You are right, there's no need for soft takeover on knobs because they are equipped with LED Rings around them. The APC seems to be struggling to refresh the controller output if value is less than 127. For some reason the modifiers and a few of button options in Traktor requires the value of 127 received before anything happens in the software.

First thing you should di is try to force refresh the LED output with this command --> "Add In > Global > Send Monitor State". Map it to the buttons where you change the value for modifiers used and see if that fixes it.

Or use Bomes Midi Translator and remap buttons to the velocity value of 127 that actually triggers the modifier output in Traktor.

You are right, there's no need for soft takeover on knobs because they are equipped with LED Rings around them. The APC seems to be struggling to refresh the controller output if value is less than 127. For some reason the modifiers and a few of button options in Traktor requires the value of 127 received before anything happens in the software.

First thing you should di is try to force refresh the LED output with this command --> "Add In > Global > Send Monitor State". Map it to the buttons where you change the value for modifiers used and see if that fixes it.

Or use Bomes Midi Translator and remap buttons to the velocity value of 127 that actually triggers the modifier output in Traktor.
    Cool. Ill give it a go

Thanks Stewe
    "Music is the purest form of art... therefore true poets, they who are seers, seek to express the universe in terms of music... " "Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art." Quotes of wisdom...

Default Urgent!!!

good evening. How to syncronize echo fx from ddz sz with music bpm

Tech Wizard

Hi guys!

Im on it since few hours, trying to find tutorial, how to, searching on google wtv but I can't figure it out.

Im mapping a Pioneer ddj s1 with Traktor, im almost done except I can find how to map the jog turn for scratching.

Here s what I have do:
    add in
    jog turn
    learn to the jog left with pressure on it + turn
    encoder
    relative
    3Fh/41h
    Deck A

its working great, but if I close Traktor, when I restart the software, the Enc.-Mode is back to 7Fh/01h and the scratch doesnt work.

Why the mode is changing?
    There's anything I can do to keep 3Fh/41h mode or a better way to map the jog turn/scratch?

Thanks a lot!

Default Mapping CUE TYPE SELECTOR

Hi there!
    I really need help to map CUE TYPE SELECTOR feature in Traktor 2.11.
    When i map it to an ENCODER of my AKAI AFX it does not work. Same with increase setting mapped to a BUTTON. It just does not work. Only DIRECT setting of a BUTTON works but this way i need way more buttons. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by forty4 View Post
    Hi there!
    I really need help to map CUE TYPE SELECTOR feature in Traktor 2.11.
    When i map it to an ENCODER of my AKAI AFX it does not work. Same with increase setting mapped to a BUTTON. It just does not work. Only DIRECT setting of a BUTTON works but this way i need way more buttons. Please help.
    That command ever only worked with Fader/Knob and Button setting. I've attached a zip file with tsi that you can check out and learn how I mapped mine.

Deck A_Modifier_Cue Type Selector.zip

It involves the "Hotcue X Modifier" and all mapped to a single Note.

That command ever only worked with Fader/Knob and Button setting. I've attached a zip file with tsi that you can check out and learn how I mapped mine.

Deck A_Modifier_Cue Type Selector.zip

It involves the "Hotcue X Modifier" and all mapped to a single Note.
    Thanks ! Now i got it But how do i get only ONE button changing Cue type for all 8 pads on my AFX ? When i duplicate your settings and change modifier for the second pad to "deck A hot cue 2 type =cue, grid, etc.." it doesn't work. This way Note takes the condition of both PAD 1 and PAD 2...