Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions. - Page 88
Page 88 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192 LastLast

hey guys,

i'm working on a new mapping for my new allen&heath xone k1 and wondered if its possible to define min and max values for a direct fader mapping. I mapped the faders to the LOW/HIGH (knob1, knob3) of the filter effect but now the faders are very sensitive because they map directly from 0% to 100%. Is there a possibility to map the 0-100 midi value of the fader to a 50-100 value of the knobs in traktor? Or is there another way to make the faders less sensitive?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by michaelknoch View Post
    hey guys,

i'm working on a new mapping for my new allen&heath xone k1 and wondered if its possible to define min and max values for a direct fader mapping. I mapped the faders to the LOW/HIGH (knob1, knob3) of the filter effect but now the faders are very sensitive because they map directly from 0% to 100%. Is there a possibility to map the 0-100 midi value of the fader to a 50-100 value of the knobs in traktor? Or is there another way to make the faders less sensitive?
    Hi Michael,
    What type of controller did you set on those commands? I'f it's set to 'encoder' try switching those back to 'fader/knob'.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hi Michael,
    What type of controller did you set on those commands? I'f it's set to 'encoder' try switching those back to 'fader/knob'.
    type of controller is set to fader/knob and the fader is doing his job as expected, but the fader is quite too sensitive and i only need the filter range from 50 to 100% instead of the full filter range.

so it should look like:

Fader at bottom --> value at 50%
    fader at top -- > value at 100%

Oh, that makes more sense Try this:

Add In > Modifier 1
    type = button
    mode = hold
    value = 1

Add in > Mixer > Filter Adjust
    modifier condition: M1=0
    type = button
    mode = direct
    value = 0.5

modifier condition: M1=1
    type = fader/knob
    mode = relative
    sensitivity = 70% (or so)

Oh, that makes more sense Try this:

Add In > Modifier 1
    type = button
    mode = hold
    value = 1

modifier condition: M1=0
    type = button
    mode = direct
    value = 0.5

modifier condition: M1=1
    type = fader/knob
    mode = relative
    sensitivity = 70% (or so)
    so then there is a hard jump between the two filter states, isnt it?
    I just want to decrease the available value range of the filter.
    In Ableton this could be achieved by setting min and max values for a special midi mapping.
    In this example the mapped fader can manipulate values between -10db to 0db only, and this would be great for my filters in traktor as well

Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 19.25.18.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by michaelknoch View Post
    I just want to decrease the available value range of the filter.
    In Ableton this could be achieved by setting min and max values for a special midi mapping.
    In this example the mapped fader can manipulate values between -10db to 0db only, and this would be great for my filters in traktor as well

Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 19.25.18.jpg
    Did you already test it?

Actually no. First command tells a fader to center the filter and than a second one controls the filter from that point via the relative message. Should be smooth as butter.
    Last edited by Stewe; 01-29-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Did you already test it?

Actually no. First command tells a fader to center the filter and than a second one controls the filter from that point via the relative message. Should be smooth as butter.
    tested it, works like a charm, thank you!
    A feature like defining min and max would be nice anyway.

You are welcome!

Tech Mentor

I have a specific goal, and I've looked at both the .tsi file and the mapping interface within Traktor and have no idea where to start.

I use the DJ Tech Tools "Instant Gratification" mapping with my original midi-fighter. Everything is great, except that for the style of music I mix, the level sent to the effects is too loud. I end up reducing my track level to compensate whenever I hit an effect button, which prevents me from making more use of the Midi Fighter.

I want to leave the mapping exactly the same with one crucial difference : decrease the volume of the effects by approximately 20%.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomer View Post
    I have a specific goal, and I've looked at both the .tsi file and the mapping interface within Traktor and have no idea where to start.

I use the DJ Tech Tools "Instant Gratification" mapping with my original midi-fighter. Everything is great, except that for the style of music I mix, the level sent to the effects is too loud. I end up reducing my track level to compensate whenever I hit an effect button, which prevents me from making more use of the Midi Fighter.

I want to leave the mapping exactly the same with one crucial difference : decrease the volume of the effects by approximately 20%.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
    The volume of each button effect in the Instant Gratification mapping is defined by 'direct button value' of Dry/Wet commands.

You can open the "Controller Manager" and under the "Assignment Table" click on "Control" to sort all command lines by their type/names. Now scroll down until you find a group of commands labeled "Dry/Wet" and feel free to adjust the value of each individual command to your preference.