Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions. - Page 79
Page 79 of 92 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast

Hi, first post here, I figure this is the best place I could go..

I recently got myself a Traktor Kontrol X1 mk2, and I'm totally loving it. There's just one thing I'd like to do, and it's driving me nuts that I can't figure out how to get the mappings done right.. I've gone searching through the thread and tried a bunch of things that looked right, but, well, 78 pages is a little daunting.. If anyone could help me I'd be really grateful, not just that I've got the thing working like I want it to, but that I'm at least that much closer to figuring out how the mappings work

Here's the thing; standard mapping on the X1 mk2, when you hold SYNC, the left/right loop encoders change the tempo of their respective decks.. What I'm trying to figure out, is how I could make it so that whenever I hold either of the two SYNC buttons, if I could instead turn the file browser encoder to control the master tempo..

I'm sure there's a way to do it, but I'm having a ton of trouble wrapping my head around how the mapping options work in the Traktor settings..

Thanks in advance for anyone that takes the time to help me figure out what I need to do!

Default Help on audio 6 and controller x1 inputs

Quote Originally Posted by joostiisme View Post
    In another thread I added two small tutorials for mapping in traktor.
    It seemed like a good way to show beginning mappers where to begin, answer mapping questions, and see what other people are mapping.
    This way every one can get new ideas and learn how to map their own.

The format is:
    title with subject
    description of the mapping, (maybe a very short video to show it)

text explanation in steps
    screen shots of the mapping window.

see my two tutorials down here.
    I'm having trouble doing my set up I purchased the audio 6 traktor scratch and I'm having trouble doing the mapping and input setting help!!!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Screwhead View Post
    Hi, first post here, I figure this is the best place I could go..

I recently got myself a Traktor Kontrol X1 mk2, and I'm totally loving it. There's just one thing I'd like to do, and it's driving me nuts that I can't figure out how to get the mappings done right.. I've gone searching through the thread and tried a bunch of things that looked right, but, well, 78 pages is a little daunting.. If anyone could help me I'd be really grateful, not just that I've got the thing working like I want it to, but that I'm at least that much closer to figuring out how the mappings work

Here's the thing; standard mapping on the X1 mk2, when you hold SYNC, the left/right loop encoders change the tempo of their respective decks.. What I'm trying to figure out, is how I could make it so that whenever I hold either of the two SYNC buttons, if I could instead turn the file browser encoder to control the master tempo..

I'm sure there's a way to do it, but I'm having a ton of trouble wrapping my head around how the mapping options work in the Traktor settings..

Thanks in advance for anyone that takes the time to help me figure out what I need to do!
    Hey, I like this idea and think this should be feasible. You map it in a User mode?

ok need help.....i'm doing something wrong somewhere.

on my S2 I have 'flux on' mapped to 'fx on' as I only really used to use fx is group mode and this has been working fine...I have now found i prefer some effects in single mode so required the button to work as normal
    I have being trying to make it work with shift instead, so shift+effect on turns flux mode on, normally shift+fx on scrolls through the fx however I never use it that way.

But I can't figure out how to do this, I have tried adding in a modifier for the shift buttons and that worked but then all the standard shift functions didnt work, i.e shift+cue to delete a cue point no longer worked.

Where am I going wrong? I've tried pressing shift when in controller manager and no modifiers lit up at the top?

I'm using the standard mapping btw.

Help greatly appreciated, as you can tell i've not done much with mapping.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

It's only a guess... but if I'm correct, you have override the factory mapping with new Modifier State so the commands which has already been in Shift State needs to get all re-mapped again and applied with new modifier condition.

I'm sure there is some more to it. Now where's my S2

Hi Stewe, yeah i put factory overide on when i mapped the flux mode on originally to the fx on button. If I turn that off would it not disable any mappings I put in as they would not work over the original mapping???

Default NOOB question

Are there instructions on how to load the mappings? Downloaded the machine mapping to use with tractor, but no instructions are included to make work. Any help would be appreciated.

Cool Z2 Mapping Question: How to display tempo on LEDs instead of loop length

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to display the tempo of each deck on the Z2's LED screens instead of the default loop length ? Sorry for the noobiness.

Thanks in advance =]

Default how to map "EDIROL PCR - 300 with TRAKTOR PRO 2 version 2.6.8?

hello everyone,, visited first time here,
    , need a help….
    my question is - how can i map my "Edirol PCR -300 midi" with Traktor Pro 2 version 2.6.8? Plz Help ME..

Thanks & Regards

Tech Mentor
    A&H Xone2D & 1D+Djm800+BST PR 4,5 (x3)+ M-Jam + mac
    https://soundcloud.com/dj-wo-k
    https://www.facebook.com/dj.wo.k