Mixing with a PC/Mac keyboard, any videos/tips?
    Tech Mentor

Default Mixing with a PC/Mac keyboard, any videos/tips?

I'm currently mapping an external Apple keyboard for Traktor Pro.

I know one of the users on this board uses a keyboard for Traktor, any others?

Searching with "keyboard" is a pain in the *** as you can imagine, so turning to y'all masters for tips or videos (beside buying a VCI-100, that's coming if I turn out to have skills

Only thing that's a bitch are the sliders, a lot of keys are "wasted" to get finer slides... this could work out with an extra controller like the Korg NanoKontrol... *ideas*

(this post sounds lame, oh well! )

Earl Panda has one of the wickedest keyboards for this!

RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

That's him! I saw those pics, was wondering how good it is, couldn't find videos... and only one on YouTube is a guy with an Apple keyboard but he's a noob, so can't see the potential of it.

Edit: Thanks for his name! Found a video of him on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Tn9E0GvNNc

Edit 2: After trying out the keyboard, holy crap! It would be much easier with a controller (knobs/sliders) ... mad props to Panda!
    Last edited by quirkysilva; 12-22-2008 at 12:34 PM.

Yups, big up to the hardcore keyboardist!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by freakerz View Post
    That's him! I saw those pics, was wondering how good it is, couldn't find videos... and only one on YouTube is a guy with an Apple keyboard but he's a noob, so can't see the potential of it.

Edit: Thanks for his name! Found a video of him on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Tn9E0GvNNc

Edit 2: After trying out the keyboard, holy crap! It would be much easier with a controller (knobs/sliders) ... mad props to Panda!
    by the way there is a way to get the x-fader move quick, slow and even slower for smooooothe transition. and thx for da props!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Earl Panda has one of the wickedest keyboards for this!

Any chance you could possibly put up more high-res pics of the keyboard so I could check out the mapping?

okay so u can download a high res pics ----> PANDAKEYBOARD

and about the orange buttons...hehe...they are my magic buttons. no a lot of keys on the board have more than just one function. for example: when i hold down () it will decrease all four knobs of the green fx section (deck a)... another one is the crossfader. when i hold down the normal crossfader button to deck b the fader will move slow, when pressing down () it moves a little bit faster, when pressing [] the fader will move pretty fast and when pressing both [] and () the fader will directly jump to the deck...hope u understood

EDIT!!!!: this mapping was for traktor 3!
    Last edited by Ed Paris; 09-30-2009 at 05:19 AM.

i hope this was helpfull?

Tech Wizard

It does, thank you very much! I don't think I'll map it exactly like that since I already have an X-Session controller, but mapping more FX and cue controls controls will definitely me out quite a bit.