Novation Remote Zero SL & Ableton Live 8

Default Novation Remote Zero SL & Ableton Live 8

Hi Guys,

I have been pointed here and told you guys know your stuff and may be able to help me out.

I am not a total newbie with Ableton, I have been producing on it for about a year or so now but have recently looking into the possibility of DJing with it too, moving from CDJs.

With how I had planned working with it in my head I saw the layout of the Novation Remote Zero SL and it seemed to fit quite well. I assumed (wrongly) that it would behave like other controllers I have had in that I would simply be able to Plug it in, get Ableton to recognise it and then spend a bit of time assigning the various controls within Ableton to my preference.

However, it does not seem to be that simple. I am not that fussed about using Automap at all at the moment.

Essentially I want to assign the buttons below the faders (2 rows of to start and stop clips. I am able to click on the midi learn button within Ableton and select the function, and it does register. However it doesn't actually work.

I think the issue is the internal templates conflicting..... I have gone into the menu of the controller and changed the properties of the button to:

** first page **
    Control = CC
    DispType = ON/OFF

** second page ** (u can acess the second page using the upper left scroll buttons)
    BtnType = Toggle

As this was suggested, but this hasn't helped....

Thanks guys

Ok, first things first, change the internal template back to the original state.

Next, what are your settings under Preferences>MIDI / Sync?
    The enemy's gate is DOWN.

MacBook Pro | 2.16 Ghz C2D | 120 GB HDD | 3 GB RAM | 250 GB EX HDD
    Mac Pro | 2x2.88 Ghz Quad-Core | 320 GB HDD | 6 GB RAM | 1 TB EX HDD
    Ableton Suite | Akai APC 80 | Torq Xponent