My First Hip Hop Mix

Default My First Hip Hop Mix

Here it is. This is the first one I've been able to record since upgrading to Traktor Pro. Since I still have an Audio 4, I couldn't use my turntables like I had wanted, but I think it still came out pretty nice.

Stanton t.52, Staton t.62, Stanton m.212 mixer, Akai MPD24, Akai MPK25, TSP, MIDI Fighter

Tech Mentor

I listened to your mix while watching my girlfriend play "Brutal Legend" and looking up information on a Suga Free album in order to correct the Musicbrainz database. Really. I listened to it on the Klipschs with the subwoofer turned on, but not very loud. Here's my feedback.

- "My First [x]" = guaranteed no listens. People don't understand what they're in for, except something that is done by a beginner. I go back to ancient posts and give them feedback because I'm obsessive and like the active listening practice.

- No tracklist = even less chance of listens.

- Too much on the beatmasher, already in "Day and Night".

- You play a lot of that electro remix of "Day and Night" ... too much for my taste.

- The mix out of "Day and Night" is really right in terms of volume levels and... stylistic.. choice. Weird genre clash.

- This is supposed to be "Hip-Hop"? I guess Hip-Hop turned into Diva House while I wasn't looking? And more beatmasher. Eep.

- Ugh, "Paper Planes" ... from diva house? Confused. Boy, could MIA be any worse of a rapper? I mean, she makes Nenah Cherry sound like she's MC Lyte in comparison. Dope flip of a Clash song and a great hook, I guess. UGH BEATMASHER. PLEASE NO MORE BEATMASHER.

- You get your levels wrong on the mix into "the choice is yours", way too quiet. At least this is a great song...

- The next mix is a really huge trainwreck and is way louder.

- I sorta understand where you were going on the next mix, like, it could sound pretty cool.. but again the levels are WAY off.

- OMG NOT "IT'S BIGGER THAN HIPHOP" ... I'M WATCHING THE CHAPPELLE SHOW. GOD. And I even like..d that song.. in 2001... GOD.

- Right about now, I am pretty willing to "murder the DJ".

- This party rap track, whatever it is, is not helping me be happier.

- Ugh, "the lights" ... no?

- The last track would be sorta ok, I guess.. but I have no idea what it has to do with the rest of the mix. In fact I have no idea what any of these tracks have to do with each other, I mean beyond the fact that you like them. Usually a DJ mix has more of a coherent progression or.. style.. than this did.

- It's fair to say I did not particularly enjoy this DJ mix.

Thanks for posting, and keep at it!
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt