Traktor pro s4 with apc40 and ableton??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor pro s4 with apc40 and ableton??

Hey guys,

Just wanted to hear your thoughts on this setup. I have the s4 right now and i've been working with massive making samples and what not, and I want to overdub using ableton and be able to kind of work together with both programs.

How do you think ableton and traktor work together, ANYONE out there have a similar setup i.e. traktor&ableton? I just want to know if this is a good setup really....

Personally, I wouldn't even go there. On the software end, it sounds messy. On the hardware end, it seems unwieldy/overkill. Then again, I'm a bit of a minimalist.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

it is, but i'd get something smaller (apc20/launchpad)

Tech Wizard

why use ableton when you have 8 sample decks on the S4? I don't if you want to use more functions in ableton but if it's only launching clips I'd say the S4 is enough
    DJ-Setup: MacBook Pro Retina | NI Traktor Pro 2 | Akai APC 40 | NI Audio8 | A&H Xone XD-53
    Producing Setup: MacBook Pro Retina or old W7 PC | Ableton Suite 8 | NI Audio 8DJ | Akai APC-40 | Korg nanoSERIES

VST's?

Thats the main reason I would use Live with Traktor.

Or the Smartmixer.....etc.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Wizard

I haven't even considered to use both live. I eventually like to go completely live with ableton but that's the future hehe. All I'd like is a maschine
    DJ-Setup: MacBook Pro Retina | NI Traktor Pro 2 | Akai APC 40 | NI Audio8 | A&H Xone XD-53
    Producing Setup: MacBook Pro Retina or old W7 PC | Ableton Suite 8 | NI Audio 8DJ | Akai APC-40 | Korg nanoSERIES

If you producing.....I can see the advantage of using Live....as you could DJ with the sounds and samples of your tracks and play 'Live'....but Traktor is still better for me....as a DJ Package...for normal produced tracks of other artists.

But I would like to use VST's,.....and put more into my sets of my own shit....using Live.

Will experiment sometime as soon as I am bored with my current setup.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

i would only use live to host a few bass/synths vsts, or just run them standalone and route it into traktor (loop rec win)

Tech Guru

I use 'em both together, but I don't have an S4 either. Things might be different if I did. At present, I love to work this way: I use four decks in Traktor and limit myself to 4 stereo channels in Ableton, 2 return channels, and one recording channel. 8 sources total. It's a killer rig for full Traktor flexibility, plus loops and one shots from Live. The Traktor channels are also processed and effected in Live, and my next step is to set up a library of dummy clips for fx automation and gating/stuttering that can be used on any channel. It's not hard on the cpu as long as I'm not overboard with fx, but for control, Bome's MT has become mandatory. M4L could probably handle it, but I don't have the $$ to lay down right now.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the reply guys.

I have been producing so I am definitely gonna sample with ableton, live with traktor. @denerello.. I usually keep my set up on s4 software as 3+1. three regular decks, and one sample deck. I just think using ableton will open up my style ya know. If you have and apc40 already, you haven't already tried linking together???

I am getting an m-audio trigger finger today just to see how i like it, and I'm gonna get the apc40 if i like it.

keep it going on your thoughts....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast