traktor pro modifiers
    Tech Mentor

Default traktor pro modifiers

okay, so I'm still getting my head around modifiers and I am trying to set one up so that when I press it once

Monitor cue deck A is ON,
    and then on the second press it toggles to
    Monitor cue deck C ON and monitor cue deck A off.

Sounds simple and I'm sure it is. I actually did get it to work but then I restarted Traktor and the modifier didn't work anymore...

cheers, merry xmas all.

basically all you have to do is adding 5 actions for the one button:

cue deckA if mod1=0
    modifier1 set to value 1 if mod1=0
    cue deckC if mod1=1
    cue deckA if mod1=1
    modifier1 set to value 0 if mod1=1

this would allow you to toggle between cue deckA and deckC with one button...
    if you press the button the first time then cueA is getting activated and the modifier is set to 1
    if you press the button the second time then cueC is activated, cueA is deactivated and modifier is set to 0

if you want to switch between those you would also have to deactivate cueC on the next button press... kinda hard to explain via forum

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

If this is the set up you want you'd be better off using Direct commands, if you can. So when M1=V0 and you hit the Cue button it turns Deck C Cue off and Deck A Cue On and changes M1 to V1. Then when you hit it again it you turn Deck C On, Deck A off and change it back to M1V0. Now, when you hit it again you turn Deck C off and Deck A On.

I wouldn't do it like this, though. I would, instead use a button to change what a host of buttons do. So you hit a button and half of the deck turns into Deck C, instead of just one button. Just an idea.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I agree with the Devil on this one. Design your modifiers so that one button has the same affect on any object or else you may be setting up multiple modifiers to get 1 job done. Keep the metaphor in mind that a modifier is like using the Shift key on your key board. The shift key always has the same affect no matter what it modifies.

Tech Mentor

I had another crack at it and ended up with these results. Each image is after the button is pressed once. Basically deck C cue toggles as normal while deck A takes 2 presses for each on off. It does what I need it to and more (double cue monitoring) A and C together on one button.

I would have made one modifier to change the whole setup but I just don't have a midi controller with visual feedback that screams out to me so I know where I'm at. blah blah.