Mixing with Vestax VCI 100 and beat juggling with MPD 24...

Default Mixing with Vestax VCI 100 and beat juggling with MPD 24...

Well, do you guys know if its possible to use traktor with 2 controllers? I was thinking about using the vci100 for mixing and the MPD 24 for cue juggling. Has anyone tried to use 2 controllers at once? If so, i need some advices. I tried last week with my pc, it didnt work. I just bought a macbook for me and still didnt have the time to try it.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Yes, you can use Traktor with two or more MIDI controllers. What problems are you having?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Hm, one of my controllers just "died" during a live performance. I guess it would be a USB problem of my old dell notebook. I hope I don't have the same problem with the macbook.

Other solution would be to use ableton live with battery 3, I think. I would like to trigger some samples, and I'm not sure about how to do that on traktor. It would be nice to use Battery and Traktor together!

you can use Battery stand alone, or in Ableton Live. You can also try Bento's smart mixing threads (there's an article and a bunch of threads here) about porting the sound from Traktor into Ableton, wher eyou could then use Battery to trigger samples.

Also, check your USB cables. Every gear fail I've ever had has been due to my cables.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Do you think its possible to use Battery and Traktor at the same time on a 2.4Ghz core2duo macbook (2GB ram)?

Unfortunetally I don't have the money to afford all of them: Traktor, Battery AND Ableton Live.

yeah, I think it's possible. Just manage your settings right and you should be golden.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by Gueen View Post
    Do you think its possible to use Battery and Traktor at the same time on a 2.4Ghz core2duo macbook (2GB ram)?
    Yeah that's possible.

Routing Traktor into Ableton opens up nothing short of mamoth possibilities, well worth the effort.