Stutter Edit Question
    Tech Wizard

Default Stutter Edit Question

Hi all,

got a question, i use a remote 25sl with traktor and ableton routed via jack router. i have most of the controller mapped out for use in traktor(ie play,syn,loop,stop etc) i have a few keys left open in the middle part on my controller and wanted to know how to just use those for specific effects i want to trigger in stutter edit(just the few that will work in my sets.

whats happening now is that all the keys are assigned a glitch (when i have stutter edit open) so for instance if i hit play on my controller to start a track in traktor, it also cause a glitch effect which is coming from stutter edit. how or can i shut those off and only use the middle keys to effect stutter edit

thanks in advance

You'll need to change the midi assignment of the keys so that the Traktor keys transmit on one midi channel, and the Ableton keys transmit on a different channel.

Not sure how you'll do this on the keyboard - but if you can't figure it out, it's gonna be a Bomes solution.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    You'll need to change the midi assignment of the keys so that the Traktor keys transmit on one midi channel, and the Ableton keys transmit on a different channel.

Not sure how you'll do this on the keyboard - but if you can't figure it out, it's gonna be a Bomes solution.
    wow that just went over my head lol, but thanks for the tip. hopefully someone will help me out

jep, go for bomes... solution to almost every problem!